Lorde Slams Paparazzo for 'Stalking' Her
Lorde calls out a paparazzo who allegedly has been taking photos of her. The New Zealand native took to Twitter on Saturday, May 3 to accuse a man called Simon Runting of stalking her. "This man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. I am scared of him. He frequents central akl (Auckland)," she tweeted, attaching a photo of the man in the post.
The Grammy-winning singer continued saying that Runting also took photos of Rihanna when she was in her hotel room in New Zealand last year and shared a link to his Facebook account. "This should not be an accepted standard for young women or anyone in this industry," the "Royals" singer added. "I refuse to stay complicit and i refuse to stay passive about men systematically subjecting me to extreme fear."
"I understand that this comes with the territory. i do not understand why I should be complacent," she said in another post. Runting as well as Lorde's manager have not responded to requests for comment.
Back in October, Rihanna who was on tour in Auckland, New Zealand uploaded a photo of her which was taken by the said photographer. "I hate these n****z more than the Nazi," she wrote. The caption was taken from the lyrics of Kanye West's hit "Flashing Lights".
this man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl pic.twitter.com/RGv39ESELV— Lorde (@lordemusic) May 4, 2014
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says