Lorde Slams Paparazzo for 'Stalking' Her
Lorde calls out a paparazzo who allegedly has been taking photos of her. The New Zealand native took to Twitter on Saturday, May 3 to accuse a man called Simon Runting of stalking her. "This man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. I am scared of him. He frequents central akl (Auckland)," she tweeted, attaching a photo of the man in the post.
The Grammy-winning singer continued saying that Runting also took photos of Rihanna when she was in her hotel room in New Zealand last year and shared a link to his Facebook account. "This should not be an accepted standard for young women or anyone in this industry," the "Royals" singer added. "I refuse to stay complicit and i refuse to stay passive about men systematically subjecting me to extreme fear."
"I understand that this comes with the territory. i do not understand why I should be complacent," she said in another post. Runting as well as Lorde's manager have not responded to requests for comment.
Back in October, Rihanna who was on tour in Auckland, New Zealand uploaded a photo of her which was taken by the said photographer. "I hate these n****z more than the Nazi," she wrote. The caption was taken from the lyrics of Kanye West's hit "Flashing Lights".
this man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl pic.twitter.com/RGv39ESELV— Lorde (@lordemusic) May 4, 2014
More Lorde News
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings