Lorde Slams Paparazzo for 'Stalking' Her
Lorde calls out a paparazzo who allegedly has been taking photos of her. The New Zealand native took to Twitter on Saturday, May 3 to accuse a man called Simon Runting of stalking her. "This man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. I am scared of him. He frequents central akl (Auckland)," she tweeted, attaching a photo of the man in the post.
The Grammy-winning singer continued saying that Runting also took photos of Rihanna when she was in her hotel room in New Zealand last year and shared a link to his Facebook account. "This should not be an accepted standard for young women or anyone in this industry," the "Royals" singer added. "I refuse to stay complicit and i refuse to stay passive about men systematically subjecting me to extreme fear."
"I understand that this comes with the territory. i do not understand why I should be complacent," she said in another post. Runting as well as Lorde's manager have not responded to requests for comment.
Back in October, Rihanna who was on tour in Auckland, New Zealand uploaded a photo of her which was taken by the said photographer. "I hate these n****z more than the Nazi," she wrote. The caption was taken from the lyrics of Kanye West's hit "Flashing Lights".
this man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl pic.twitter.com/RGv39ESELV— Lorde (@lordemusic) May 4, 2014
More Lorde News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective