Donald Sterling's Wife Calls His Racist Remarks 'Despicable'
The wife of Donald Sterling, the owner of NBA team the Los Angeles Clippers who recently was reported making racist comments against African American people, has made a comment following the remarks made by her estranged husband. As reported by TMZ, Rochelle Sterling said on Sunday, April 27, "Our family is devastated by the racist comments made by my estranged husband."
"My children and I do not share these despicable views or prejudices. We will not let one man's small-mindedness poison the spirit of the fans and accomplishments of the team in the city we love. We are doing everything in our power to stand by and support our Clippers team," she continued.
Sterling landed in hot water after an audio of him during an argument with his girlfriend model V. Stiviano made its way out to public. The argument apparently took place after Stiviano uploaded a photo of her posing with Magic Johnson on Instagram. Sterling's camp denied that the billionaire was racist and questioned the authenticity of the audio.
An attorney for V. Stiviano, who was also heard in the audio file, has released a statement, saying that the audio was legitimate. "This office understands that the currently released audio tape of approximately 15 minutes is a portion of approximately one (1) hour of overall audio recording of Mr. Donald T. Sterling and Ms. Stiviano, and is in fact legitimate," read a statement from attorney Mac E. Nehoray, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter.
"Ms. Stiviano did not release the tape(s) to any news media. Due to the present litigation and its absurd allegations, which Ms. Stiviano vehemently denies, Ms. Stiviano and this office have no comments at this time," it read further.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal