LA Clippers' Owner Donald Sterling Throws Racist Rant During Argument With Girlfriend
Donald Sterling comes under fire for making racist comments. In a tape obtained by TMZ, the owner of NBA team Los Angeles Clippers is heard berating his girlfriend, model V. Stiviano, for hanging out with black people despite the fact that she is of mixed race herself.
The argument between the couple was seemingly caused by an Instagram picture of Stiviano and Magic Johnson, which she apparently removed from her account later. "Why are you taking pictures with minorities...why?" the 81-year-old billionaire asked his girlfriend.
As the argument continued, Stiviano said, "People call you and tell you that I have black people on my Instagram and it bothers you," to which Sterling admitted, "It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people. Do you have to?"
"I'm a mixed girl," she pointed out. "And I'm black and Mexican. Whether you like it or not, whether you the world accepts it or not. And you're asking me to remove something that's part of me and in my blood stream because the world thinks different of me and you're afraid of what they're going to see because of your upbringings? You want me to have hate towards black people."
"I don't want you to have hate. ... I want you to love them - privately," he argued. "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that … and not to bring them to my games."
Johnson later responded to Sterling's rant in a statement to TMZ, "It's a shame that Donald Sterling feels that way about African-Americans. He has a team full of amazing African-American basketball players that are working to bring a championship to Clippers fans. The Clippers also have a strong minority fan base."
It's not the first time Sterling is accused of being racist. He was reportedly sued at least twice for refusing to rent apartments to minorities. He allegedly refused to rent his property in Koreatown to non-Koreans and his property in Beverly Hills to African American tenants.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande