LA Clippers' Owner Donald Sterling Throws Racist Rant During Argument With Girlfriend
Donald Sterling comes under fire for making racist comments. In a tape obtained by TMZ, the owner of NBA team Los Angeles Clippers is heard berating his girlfriend, model V. Stiviano, for hanging out with black people despite the fact that she is of mixed race herself.
The argument between the couple was seemingly caused by an Instagram picture of Stiviano and Magic Johnson, which she apparently removed from her account later. "Why are you taking pictures with minorities...why?" the 81-year-old billionaire asked his girlfriend.
As the argument continued, Stiviano said, "People call you and tell you that I have black people on my Instagram and it bothers you," to which Sterling admitted, "It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people. Do you have to?"
"I'm a mixed girl," she pointed out. "And I'm black and Mexican. Whether you like it or not, whether you the world accepts it or not. And you're asking me to remove something that's part of me and in my blood stream because the world thinks different of me and you're afraid of what they're going to see because of your upbringings? You want me to have hate towards black people."
"I don't want you to have hate. ... I want you to love them - privately," he argued. "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that … and not to bring them to my games."
Johnson later responded to Sterling's rant in a statement to TMZ, "It's a shame that Donald Sterling feels that way about African-Americans. He has a team full of amazing African-American basketball players that are working to bring a championship to Clippers fans. The Clippers also have a strong minority fan base."
It's not the first time Sterling is accused of being racist. He was reportedly sued at least twice for refusing to rent apartments to minorities. He allegedly refused to rent his property in Koreatown to non-Koreans and his property in Beverly Hills to African American tenants.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease