Novak Djokovic and Fiancee Expecting First Child
Novak Djokovic and his longtime girlfriend Jelena Ristic are going to be parents soon. The tennis star took to Twitter on Thursday, April 24 to announce that Ristic got pregnant with their first child. The 26-year-old Serbian wrote, "Jelena is pregnant!!!We will be parents soon! #blessed." The athlete, who got engaged to Ristic after 8 years of dating, attached a photo of them looking at each other lovingly with the background of Athens.
He added to fans on Facebook, "My dear friends, You've been with me through many tough and good times in my career. I've been blessed to travel the world, play the most beautiful sport that brings me a lot of excitement and joy; I am happy, loved and healthy. Jelena and I are truly blessed to soon become parents! My love is pregnant!"
Djokovic is currently in Athens as he recovers from a wrist injury. Prior to making the baby announcement, he shared a photo of him and his girlfriend during the vacation. "Hello my friends! I am in good hands, recovering and enjoying beautiful Athens #Acropolis #NoleFam @JelenaRisticNDF," he captioned the photo.
His injury fortunately is not too serious and he is expected to play at the Masters tournament in Madrid which takes place on May 4 until May 11. "Doctors assured me that I will be ready for Madrid, then Rome and Roland Garros, just as it has been planned. However, I need to continue with the recovery process and full medical treatments. It means I will have to take a short break in order to recover as soon as possible," he said in a statement posted on his official site.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage