Novak Djokovic and Fiancee Expecting First Child
Novak Djokovic and his longtime girlfriend Jelena Ristic are going to be parents soon. The tennis star took to Twitter on Thursday, April 24 to announce that Ristic got pregnant with their first child. The 26-year-old Serbian wrote, "Jelena is pregnant!!!We will be parents soon! #blessed." The athlete, who got engaged to Ristic after 8 years of dating, attached a photo of them looking at each other lovingly with the background of Athens.
He added to fans on Facebook, "My dear friends, You've been with me through many tough and good times in my career. I've been blessed to travel the world, play the most beautiful sport that brings me a lot of excitement and joy; I am happy, loved and healthy. Jelena and I are truly blessed to soon become parents! My love is pregnant!"
Djokovic is currently in Athens as he recovers from a wrist injury. Prior to making the baby announcement, he shared a photo of him and his girlfriend during the vacation. "Hello my friends! I am in good hands, recovering and enjoying beautiful Athens #Acropolis #NoleFam @JelenaRisticNDF," he captioned the photo.
His injury fortunately is not too serious and he is expected to play at the Masters tournament in Madrid which takes place on May 4 until May 11. "Doctors assured me that I will be ready for Madrid, then Rome and Roland Garros, just as it has been planned. However, I need to continue with the recovery process and full medical treatments. It means I will have to take a short break in order to recover as soon as possible," he said in a statement posted on his official site.
Jelena is pregnant!!!We will be parents soon!
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months