'Dancing with the Stars' Names Rob Wade as New Showrunner
"Dancing with the Stars" has found a new showrunner to replace Conrad Green, who will exit the dancing competition at the end of the current season 18. Rob Wade, who worked as a producer on the first four seasons of the reality series, will take the reins from longtime showrunner Green starting the upcoming season 19.
"I am delighted to be rejoining the show and one of the strongest teams on network television," says Wade, who was also an executive producer on "The X Factor" and "America's Got Talent". " 'Dancing with the Stars' is in great shape and I look forward to getting back in the ballroom and working with [executive producers] Joe [Sungkur] and Ashley [Edens-Shaffer] to take it to the next level."
BBC Worldwide Productions head Jane Tranter says of Wade, "Rob was a part of the 'Dancing with the Stars' family from the very beginning and in our mind, there was no one who made more sense to come aboard and take the show into its next era than him. His immense experience and creativity across live television only further demonstrates that he has what it takes to keep 'DWTS' at the top."
Green, who has been responsible for the day-to-day operations of "DWTS" since the first season in 2005, will depart the show to executive produce FOX's upcoming series "Utopia". This will be the latest shake-up on the ABC long-running series after Erin Andrews came in to replace Brooke Burke-Charvet as a co-host, and Ray Chew and his band replaced Wheeler orchestra and singers to provide music in the ballroom this season.
ABC has not officially announcement season 19 of "DWTS", but the show's renewal is believed to be bound to happen.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory