Lily Allen Calls Out Reigning Female Pop Stars in New Track 'Sheezus'
Lily Allen has debuted a new track called "Sheezus". Arriving on Tuesday, April 22, the song serves as the title track of the British singer's upcoming album, "Sheezus", which is scheduled to hit the stores in early May.
The new song features Allen calling out fellow pop stars who are currently ruling the music industry. The singer name-checks competitors and chart-toppers like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Beyonce Knowles, Lorde and Lady GaGa.
"Ri-Ri isn't scared of Katy Perry's roaring/ Queen B's gone back to the drawing/ Lorde smells blood, yeah, she's about to slay you/ Kid ain't one to f**k with when she's only on her debut. We're all watching GaGa lol and ahaha/ Dying for the art, so really she's a martyr," she sings before demanding them to "give me that crown, b**ch/ I wanna be Sheezus."
Allen also talks about her menstrual cycle in the song, singing, "It makes me angry, I'm serious/ But then again, I'm just about to get my period/ Periods, we all get periods/ Every month, yo, that's what the theory is/ It's human nature, another cycle."
In an accompanying music video, Allen is featured wearing a hoodie as she sings under a blue light. In another scene, the 28-year-old entertainer is seen playing an angel with black hair and a white dress.
In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Allen said that she would like to release "Sheezus" as a single. "It's not up-tempo enough," she explained. "It's also got the word 'period' in it, which is really offensive to people, even though half the world has to deal with it once a month."
Lily Allen's "Sheezus" music video
More Lily Allen News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'