Courteney Cox Explains Why 'Friends' Reunion Is 'Not Gonna Happen'
Courteney Cox tells fans to stop hoping for a "Friends" reunion. Since the hit show ended in 2004, there have been numerous rumors saying there would be a "Friends" reunion and David Letterman couldn't help asking the question when Cox stopped by his "Late Show" on Monday night, April 21.
"You're sick of the question, aren't you?" the veteran host asked. The actress replied, "Only because once you say, 'Well, I'd like it,' then they have to contact every other cast member and be like, 'Courteney's into it!' And then I get in trouble. It's not going to happen."
She then explained, "Let me tell you something: there's six friends and I've been trying to put together a cast dinner for 10 years. It doesn't happen! I can get the girls to come, maybe Matthew Perry. Matt LeBlanc canceled last time right at the last minute, [David] Schwimmer lives here [in New York City], so it's just not gonna happen."
The Monica depicter went on saying that a "Friends" movie was an unlikely option because the show was mostly set in Monica's apartment and there's not much they could do there. "We did the whole show on a soundstage in Monica's apartment," the actress, who currently stars on "Cougar Town", pointed out. "So what are you gonna do?"
"Friends" starring Courteney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer aired from 1994 to 2004 on NBC. While there has never been a full-cast reunion, some of the stars have appeared together on several TV shows, including when Aniston, Cox and Perry filmed a sketch for "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in 2013. LeBlanc, meanwhile, once guest starred on Kudrow's comedy "Web Therapy".
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis