Courteney Cox Explains Why 'Friends' Reunion Is 'Not Gonna Happen'
Courteney Cox tells fans to stop hoping for a "Friends" reunion. Since the hit show ended in 2004, there have been numerous rumors saying there would be a "Friends" reunion and David Letterman couldn't help asking the question when Cox stopped by his "Late Show" on Monday night, April 21.
"You're sick of the question, aren't you?" the veteran host asked. The actress replied, "Only because once you say, 'Well, I'd like it,' then they have to contact every other cast member and be like, 'Courteney's into it!' And then I get in trouble. It's not going to happen."
She then explained, "Let me tell you something: there's six friends and I've been trying to put together a cast dinner for 10 years. It doesn't happen! I can get the girls to come, maybe Matthew Perry. Matt LeBlanc canceled last time right at the last minute, [David] Schwimmer lives here [in New York City], so it's just not gonna happen."
The Monica depicter went on saying that a "Friends" movie was an unlikely option because the show was mostly set in Monica's apartment and there's not much they could do there. "We did the whole show on a soundstage in Monica's apartment," the actress, who currently stars on "Cougar Town", pointed out. "So what are you gonna do?"
"Friends" starring Courteney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer aired from 1994 to 2004 on NBC. While there has never been a full-cast reunion, some of the stars have appeared together on several TV shows, including when Aniston, Cox and Perry filmed a sketch for "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in 2013. LeBlanc, meanwhile, once guest starred on Kudrow's comedy "Web Therapy".
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'