Julia Roberts Speaks on Half-Sister's Suicide for the First Time
Julia Roberts finally opened up about the death of her half-sister Nancy Motes. In an interview with WSJ Magazine, the actress revealed her heartbreak as she and her family coped up with Motes' suicide at the age of 37.
"It's just heartbreak," Roberts told WSJ. "There aren't words to explain what any of us have been through in these last 20 days. It's hour by hour some days, but you just keep looking ahead. You don't want anything bad to happen to anyone, but there are so many tragic, painful, inexplicable things in the world."
Motes was found dead in Los Angeles on February 9 of apparent drug overdose. She left a suicide note in which she said she couldn't wait to "belong to another family." It was rumored that her rift with Roberts led to her depression and eventually the suicide but Motes' fiance John Dilbeck said in a statement after her death that Motes "loved her family."
"But [as with] any situation of challenge and despair, we must find a way, as a family," the 46-year-old actress further said in the interview, adding, "It's so hard to formulate a sentence about it outside the weepy huddle of my family." She has been practicing meditation and chanting in order to stay calm. "We share and just say, 'This is a way I comfort myself,' " she said.
More Julia Roberts News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth