Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' May Still Happen With Modified Script
Quentin Tarantino decided to put "The Hateful Eight" on the shelf when the movie's script leaked online earlier this year. However, the project may now see the light of day as the filmmaker has revealed that he will rewrite some parts of the script.
The 51-year-old writer/director hosted a star-studded reading of his "Hateful Eight" script at a hotel in Los Angeles on Saturday night, April 19. During the event, he told the crowd of 1,200 people, "I'm working on a second draft and I will do a third draft but we're reading from the first draft."
He also suggested that the script would be changed substantially in its last part, or what he called the fifth chapter. "The chapter five here will not be the chapter five later so this will be the only time it is seen, ever," he said.
According to Variety, the Saturday event also introduced Samuel L. Jackson in the role of Major Marquis Warren. Other actors included Bruce Dern as Confederate General Smithers, Kurt Russell as a bounty hunter named John Ruth and Amber Tamblyn as his prisoner Daisy Domergue. "We've been rehearsing for the last three days," said Tarantino. "We're OK, we're not bad."
"The Hateful Eight" was meant to be Tarantino's next Western movie after the successful "Django Unchained". When the new project's script leaked back in January, the director said that he had "no desire to make it" and told Deadline that he was "very, very depressed."
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture