Gwen Stefani Reportedly to Replace Christina Aguilera on 'The Voice'
Gwen Stefani may join "The Voice" as a new coach. The lead vocalist of rock band No Doubt is reportedly close to signing up to replace Christina Aguilera, who is currently pregnant with her second child, in the upcoming season 7 with a one-season deal.
Aguilera will be heavily pregnant when season 7's Battle Rounds begin. TMZ reported that NBC actually wanted the "Your Body" songstress to stay during her pregnancy but she's already having a difficult time and chose to bow out. She's expected to return for the eighth season.
NBC has not commented on the news. Should Stefani seal the deal with "The Voice", she will join Pharrell Williams who has been confirmed as a new coach on the show, replacing Cee-Lo Green who has left the singing competition series for good.
"The Voice" is currently in its sixth season, which will enter the live shows next week.
More The Voice News
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert