Bryan Singer No Longer Attending WonderCon to Promote 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Bryan Singer's appearance at WonderCon has been canceled following the sexual abuse allegation against him. He was supposed to join a panel this coming Saturday, April 19 to support "X-Men: Days of Future Past", but now producer/screenwriter Simon Kinberg is sent by Fox to replace the director.
A representative for the studio has also responded to the sexual abuse lawsuit, "These are serious allegations, and they will be resolved in the appropriate forum." The rep added, "This is a personal matter, which Bryan Singer and his representatives are addressing separately."
ABC is also distancing themselves from the "X-Men" helmer who serves as an executive producer for their new show "Black Box". His name has been removed from promo ads for the soon-to-be-premiered series.
Michael F. Egan III, the man who filed the lawsuit against Singer, recently held a press conference to detail the alleged abuse that happened while he was a teen. "I was raped numerous times in that house, by numerous individuals. You were like a piece of meat to these people," he said.
The director's lawyer, Martin Singer, reacted, "The claims made today about Bryan Singer are completely fabricated. We look forward to our bringing a claim for malicious prosecution against Mr. Egan and his attorney after we prevail."
When "X-Men: Apocalypse" was first announced late last year, Bryan Singer was also attached to return behind the lens. The movie is due May 27, 2016.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed