Bryan Singer No Longer Attending WonderCon to Promote 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Bryan Singer's appearance at WonderCon has been canceled following the sexual abuse allegation against him. He was supposed to join a panel this coming Saturday, April 19 to support "X-Men: Days of Future Past", but now producer/screenwriter Simon Kinberg is sent by Fox to replace the director.
A representative for the studio has also responded to the sexual abuse lawsuit, "These are serious allegations, and they will be resolved in the appropriate forum." The rep added, "This is a personal matter, which Bryan Singer and his representatives are addressing separately."
ABC is also distancing themselves from the "X-Men" helmer who serves as an executive producer for their new show "Black Box". His name has been removed from promo ads for the soon-to-be-premiered series.
Michael F. Egan III, the man who filed the lawsuit against Singer, recently held a press conference to detail the alleged abuse that happened while he was a teen. "I was raped numerous times in that house, by numerous individuals. You were like a piece of meat to these people," he said.
The director's lawyer, Martin Singer, reacted, "The claims made today about Bryan Singer are completely fabricated. We look forward to our bringing a claim for malicious prosecution against Mr. Egan and his attorney after we prevail."
When "X-Men: Apocalypse" was first announced late last year, Bryan Singer was also attached to return behind the lens. The movie is due May 27, 2016.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal