Bryan Singer No Longer Attending WonderCon to Promote 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Bryan Singer's appearance at WonderCon has been canceled following the sexual abuse allegation against him. He was supposed to join a panel this coming Saturday, April 19 to support "X-Men: Days of Future Past", but now producer/screenwriter Simon Kinberg is sent by Fox to replace the director.
A representative for the studio has also responded to the sexual abuse lawsuit, "These are serious allegations, and they will be resolved in the appropriate forum." The rep added, "This is a personal matter, which Bryan Singer and his representatives are addressing separately."
ABC is also distancing themselves from the "X-Men" helmer who serves as an executive producer for their new show "Black Box". His name has been removed from promo ads for the soon-to-be-premiered series.
Michael F. Egan III, the man who filed the lawsuit against Singer, recently held a press conference to detail the alleged abuse that happened while he was a teen. "I was raped numerous times in that house, by numerous individuals. You were like a piece of meat to these people," he said.
The director's lawyer, Martin Singer, reacted, "The claims made today about Bryan Singer are completely fabricated. We look forward to our bringing a claim for malicious prosecution against Mr. Egan and his attorney after we prevail."
When "X-Men: Apocalypse" was first announced late last year, Bryan Singer was also attached to return behind the lens. The movie is due May 27, 2016.
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party