Rosie O'Donnell Posts Before and After Photo of Her 50-Pound Weight Loss
Rosie O'Donnell shows off her weight loss. The comedienne has dropped around 50 pounds after undergoing gastric sleeve operations last year. "Almost 50 lbs off - I can see it now," she captions a before-and-after photo on Twitter that shows her slimmer look.
O'Donnell, 52, suffered heart attack in August 2012 after helping an "enormous" woman get out of a car. "A few hours later my body hurt, I had an ache in my chest both my arms were sore, everything felt bruised," she wrote on her blog back then.
She vomited and felt clammy. She eventually went to see a doctor the following day, and an EKG revealed that she had a nearly completely blocked artery in her heart. "I almost died - and that's not an over-exaggeration," she said. "That's a fact."
She was advised to lose weight. With a starting weight of 230 pounds, she began dieting to get below 200 pounds. O'Donnell was still struggling after a year of trying, so she decided to go under the knife. She talked about her surgery when attending an event hosted by American Heart Association this February.
"Since my mom died of breast cancer when I was 10, I assumed that's what would kill me," she said. "I didn't take care of myself."
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture