Rosie O'Donnell Posts Before and After Photo of Her 50-Pound Weight Loss
Rosie O'Donnell shows off her weight loss. The comedienne has dropped around 50 pounds after undergoing gastric sleeve operations last year. "Almost 50 lbs off - I can see it now," she captions a before-and-after photo on Twitter that shows her slimmer look.
O'Donnell, 52, suffered heart attack in August 2012 after helping an "enormous" woman get out of a car. "A few hours later my body hurt, I had an ache in my chest both my arms were sore, everything felt bruised," she wrote on her blog back then.
She vomited and felt clammy. She eventually went to see a doctor the following day, and an EKG revealed that she had a nearly completely blocked artery in her heart. "I almost died - and that's not an over-exaggeration," she said. "That's a fact."
She was advised to lose weight. With a starting weight of 230 pounds, she began dieting to get below 200 pounds. O'Donnell was still struggling after a year of trying, so she decided to go under the knife. She talked about her surgery when attending an event hosted by American Heart Association this February.
"Since my mom died of breast cancer when I was 10, I assumed that's what would kill me," she said. "I didn't take care of myself."
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift