Robin Roberts Reveals Why She Didn't Talk About Girlfriend
Robin Roberts (II) opened up about people's reactions after she revealed her sexuality as well as the reason why she only talked about her girlfriend Amber Laign recently in a new interview with Good Housekeeping. The "Good Morning America" co-host mentioned her longtime girlfriend in a Facebook post late last year and later shared a photo of her during a family event on the show.
"I was so moved that people got it and said, 'You're happy,' " she said of how people reacted at that time. "Others, though, were asking, 'Why didn't you say something about her before? Why are you only recognizing her now?' News flash: Some people like their anonymity. This is what's right for me."
"Love is love, and I'm grateful to have that. Sometimes there's a stigma attached to how people view you if you're living a certain way. But I don't care - you gotta live your life. You gotta find what happiness is and what it means for you, and you can't get caught up in what someone is saying about you on Twitter. You don't go through a year like I did to not be happy and not make your own choices," she continued.
In late December, Roberts mentioned Laign for the first time in a Facebook post in which she thanked her family for their support as she fought breast cancer. "I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together," she wrote.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO