Robin Roberts Reveals Why She Didn't Talk About Girlfriend
Robin Roberts (II) opened up about people's reactions after she revealed her sexuality as well as the reason why she only talked about her girlfriend Amber Laign recently in a new interview with Good Housekeeping. The "Good Morning America" co-host mentioned her longtime girlfriend in a Facebook post late last year and later shared a photo of her during a family event on the show.
"I was so moved that people got it and said, 'You're happy,' " she said of how people reacted at that time. "Others, though, were asking, 'Why didn't you say something about her before? Why are you only recognizing her now?' News flash: Some people like their anonymity. This is what's right for me."
"Love is love, and I'm grateful to have that. Sometimes there's a stigma attached to how people view you if you're living a certain way. But I don't care - you gotta live your life. You gotta find what happiness is and what it means for you, and you can't get caught up in what someone is saying about you on Twitter. You don't go through a year like I did to not be happy and not make your own choices," she continued.
In late December, Roberts mentioned Laign for the first time in a Facebook post in which she thanked her family for their support as she fought breast cancer. "I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together," she wrote.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny