Artist of the Week: Miranda Lambert
Miranda Lambert had a big night at the 49th annual Academy of Country Music Awards which took place in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 6. The country singer took home several awards that included Female Vocalist of the Year.
This is Lambert's fifth consecutive time to win the title. With that, she has set an ACM record for the most consecutive wins in that category. The 30-year-old star also grabbed the Single Record of the Year award for her "Mama's Broken Heart" and the Vocal Event of the Year trophy for her collaboration with Keith Urban, "We Were Us".
During that night's event, Lambert also had the honor to pay tribute to country superstar Merle Haggard by performing "The Bottle Let Me Down" and "I'm a Lonesome Fugitive" with George Strait. Additionally, the songbird performed her single "Automatic" for the first time on national television.
Currently at No. 12 on Billboard Hot Country Songs, the track was released as the first single off Lambert's upcoming album "Platinum". The record is scheduled to be released on June 3 and it will feature sixteen tracks, eight of which including the lead cut were co-written by the star. Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town and The Time Jumpers are making guest appearances in the set.
"All 16 songs together make up a picture, and without one of those songs, it just looks like abstract art," Lambert recently said of her new album. "I wanted it to be perfect; I wanted it to matter."
She also revealed what to expect from her fifth studio effort, saying, "There's humor on this album, and nostalgia, and it's feminine. There's girl power... I'm more settled in life, embracing the good and the bad, and that's all reflected on 'Platinum'. I still blaze around - but in a less chaotic way."
More Miranda Lambert News
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories