Artist of the Week: Miranda Lambert
Miranda Lambert had a big night at the 49th annual Academy of Country Music Awards which took place in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 6. The country singer took home several awards that included Female Vocalist of the Year.
This is Lambert's fifth consecutive time to win the title. With that, she has set an ACM record for the most consecutive wins in that category. The 30-year-old star also grabbed the Single Record of the Year award for her "Mama's Broken Heart" and the Vocal Event of the Year trophy for her collaboration with Keith Urban, "We Were Us".
During that night's event, Lambert also had the honor to pay tribute to country superstar Merle Haggard by performing "The Bottle Let Me Down" and "I'm a Lonesome Fugitive" with George Strait. Additionally, the songbird performed her single "Automatic" for the first time on national television.
Currently at No. 12 on Billboard Hot Country Songs, the track was released as the first single off Lambert's upcoming album "Platinum". The record is scheduled to be released on June 3 and it will feature sixteen tracks, eight of which including the lead cut were co-written by the star. Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town and The Time Jumpers are making guest appearances in the set.
"All 16 songs together make up a picture, and without one of those songs, it just looks like abstract art," Lambert recently said of her new album. "I wanted it to be perfect; I wanted it to matter."
She also revealed what to expect from her fifth studio effort, saying, "There's humor on this album, and nostalgia, and it's feminine. There's girl power... I'm more settled in life, embracing the good and the bad, and that's all reflected on 'Platinum'. I still blaze around - but in a less chaotic way."
More Miranda Lambert News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics