New 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Clip Debuted at MTV Movie Awards
A new preview for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" was unleashed during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards which took place Sunday, April 13 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Introduced by stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx via a taped segment, the clip gives a look at the Times Square showdown between the titular superhero and villain Electro.
Stone's Gwen Stacy watches in fear as Garfield's Peter Parker a.k.a. Spider-Man tries to calm Foxx's Electro down. Electro, however, is clearly angry and uses his power to attack Spidey and other people around them.
In this "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel, Spider-Man has to protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro, Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn, returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.
Dane DeHaan stars as Harry a.k.a. Goblin, and Paul Giamatti plays The Rhino. Directed by Marc Webb, the action, fantasy movie will open in U.S. theaters on May 2 after debuting earlier in the U.K. on April 16.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" clip from MTV Movie Awards:
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" new TV spot:
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame