New 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Clip Debuted at MTV Movie Awards
A new preview for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" was unleashed during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards which took place Sunday, April 13 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Introduced by stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx via a taped segment, the clip gives a look at the Times Square showdown between the titular superhero and villain Electro.
Stone's Gwen Stacy watches in fear as Garfield's Peter Parker a.k.a. Spider-Man tries to calm Foxx's Electro down. Electro, however, is clearly angry and uses his power to attack Spidey and other people around them.
In this "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel, Spider-Man has to protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro, Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn, returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.
Dane DeHaan stars as Harry a.k.a. Goblin, and Paul Giamatti plays The Rhino. Directed by Marc Webb, the action, fantasy movie will open in U.S. theaters on May 2 after debuting earlier in the U.K. on April 16.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" clip from MTV Movie Awards:
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap