New 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Clip Debuted at MTV Movie Awards
A new preview for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" was unleashed during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards which took place Sunday, April 13 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Introduced by stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx via a taped segment, the clip gives a look at the Times Square showdown between the titular superhero and villain Electro.
Stone's Gwen Stacy watches in fear as Garfield's Peter Parker a.k.a. Spider-Man tries to calm Foxx's Electro down. Electro, however, is clearly angry and uses his power to attack Spidey and other people around them.
In this "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel, Spider-Man has to protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro, Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn, returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.
Dane DeHaan stars as Harry a.k.a. Goblin, and Paul Giamatti plays The Rhino. Directed by Marc Webb, the action, fantasy movie will open in U.S. theaters on May 2 after debuting earlier in the U.K. on April 16.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" clip from MTV Movie Awards:
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune