New 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Clip Debuted at MTV Movie Awards
A new preview for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" was unleashed during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards which took place Sunday, April 13 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Introduced by stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx via a taped segment, the clip gives a look at the Times Square showdown between the titular superhero and villain Electro.
Stone's Gwen Stacy watches in fear as Garfield's Peter Parker a.k.a. Spider-Man tries to calm Foxx's Electro down. Electro, however, is clearly angry and uses his power to attack Spidey and other people around them.
In this "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel, Spider-Man has to protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro, Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn, returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.
Dane DeHaan stars as Harry a.k.a. Goblin, and Paul Giamatti plays The Rhino. Directed by Marc Webb, the action, fantasy movie will open in U.S. theaters on May 2 after debuting earlier in the U.K. on April 16.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" clip from MTV Movie Awards:
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri