'The Sinister Six' to Explore Story of Redemption
Spider-Man movies producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach spill the beans on the direction they are going to take for the upcoming spin-off, "The Sinister Six". "Everybody's looking for redemption; they're unforgiven," Arad tells IGN. "And people love it, by the way. They love when a villain finds his way back because we're all very forgiving."
"There's no such thing as just a villain," says Tolmach. "There are villains by virtue of choices that people make but they always begin as humans, as characters. As flawed people; as tragic people. You know great movies have been made about a bunch of bad guys who get together to do something."
He adds, "Those are sometimes the greatest characters to watch. A bunch of broken people coming together for whatever reason."
While refusing to confirm if the web slinger will swing by the spin-off, Arad reiterates Spidey's role in assembling the supervillains. "As long as there's that one thing in common: they'll hate Spider-Man," he says. "They'll hate him because he's so different from them."
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will hit U.S. theaters on May 2 with Electro (Jamie Foxx), Goblin (Dane DeHaan), and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti) as villains. "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" will follow on June 10, 2016, and the fourth film which is "not necessarily [be] an Amazing Spider-Man movie" is scheduled for May 4, 2018.
Drew Goddard ("The Cabin in the Woods") is tapped to write and direct "The Sinister Six", while Alex Kurtzman is attached to direct and work with Roberto Orci and Ed Solomon to pen the script for another spin-off, "Venom (2017)".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed