Family Reaches Settlement Over Mickey Rooney's Burial
The family of Mickey Rooney finally has reached settlement regarding the actor's final resting place. Attorneys explained that agreement was made on Thursday, April 10 just before a hearing which was scheduled to take place on Friday.
Rooney will be buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery which also serves as the final resting place for Hollywood figures such as Cecil DeMille, Jayne Mansfield and Rudolph Valentino. The funeral will be private and attended by family including Rooney's wife Jan Chamberlin, but her son Chris Aber will not attend the affair.
"Mickey had enough lawsuits in life for 10 people; the last thing he needs is for one over where he'll be buried," said the conservator of Rooney's estate Michael Augustine, as quoted by L.A. Times. Chamberlin's attorney Yevgeny Belous additionally said of the decision, "After thinking about it and praying about it, she decided, for the sake of his fans and peers, that it was befitting of him as a Hollywood figure."
Arguments over the actor's burial started earlier this week. Rooney previously told Augustine that he wanted to be buried in Hollywood cemetery or with veterans. His wife, however, planned the burial to take place in a family plot in Westlake Village.
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill