Family Reaches Settlement Over Mickey Rooney's Burial
The family of Mickey Rooney finally has reached settlement regarding the actor's final resting place. Attorneys explained that agreement was made on Thursday, April 10 just before a hearing which was scheduled to take place on Friday.
Rooney will be buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery which also serves as the final resting place for Hollywood figures such as Cecil DeMille, Jayne Mansfield and Rudolph Valentino. The funeral will be private and attended by family including Rooney's wife Jan Chamberlin, but her son Chris Aber will not attend the affair.
"Mickey had enough lawsuits in life for 10 people; the last thing he needs is for one over where he'll be buried," said the conservator of Rooney's estate Michael Augustine, as quoted by L.A. Times. Chamberlin's attorney Yevgeny Belous additionally said of the decision, "After thinking about it and praying about it, she decided, for the sake of his fans and peers, that it was befitting of him as a Hollywood figure."
Arguments over the actor's burial started earlier this week. Rooney previously told Augustine that he wanted to be buried in Hollywood cemetery or with veterans. His wife, however, planned the burial to take place in a family plot in Westlake Village.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed