Family Reaches Settlement Over Mickey Rooney's Burial
The family of Mickey Rooney finally has reached settlement regarding the actor's final resting place. Attorneys explained that agreement was made on Thursday, April 10 just before a hearing which was scheduled to take place on Friday.
Rooney will be buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery which also serves as the final resting place for Hollywood figures such as Cecil DeMille, Jayne Mansfield and Rudolph Valentino. The funeral will be private and attended by family including Rooney's wife Jan Chamberlin, but her son Chris Aber will not attend the affair.
"Mickey had enough lawsuits in life for 10 people; the last thing he needs is for one over where he'll be buried," said the conservator of Rooney's estate Michael Augustine, as quoted by L.A. Times. Chamberlin's attorney Yevgeny Belous additionally said of the decision, "After thinking about it and praying about it, she decided, for the sake of his fans and peers, that it was befitting of him as a Hollywood figure."
Arguments over the actor's burial started earlier this week. Rooney previously told Augustine that he wanted to be buried in Hollywood cemetery or with veterans. His wife, however, planned the burial to take place in a family plot in Westlake Village.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic