Mickey Rooney Leaves His Estate to Stepson
Legendary actor Mickey Rooney left his estate to his stepson who had been taking care of him in the past years. Documents filed at Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, April 8 show that the star of Andy Hardy movies left his estate, which is valued at $18,000, to Mark Rooney and his wife.
The will was signed a month before Rooney passed away on Sunday at the age of 93. The late star previously claimed he was a victim of elder abuse and financial mismanagement. He then paid his debt and lived with Mark.
Rooney had disinherited his eight surviving children and appointed his lawyer Michael Augustine to be the executor of his estate. "I have intentionally omitted to provide in this will for the following specifically named or referenced persons: Jan and her descendants (other than Mark Rooney)," the document read.
An apparent battle over Rooney's body broke out on Tuesday. As reported by New York Daily News, the actor's legal team requested an emergency order barring Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles from releasing his remains to Janice Rooney "against the decedent's express wishes." The judge then ordered the mortuary to keep the body for now. A hearing is set for Friday.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked