Chris Brown Arrives in Washington D.C. for His Trial
A plane carrying Chris Brown has landed in Washington D.C. The singer, who is facing assault charge after he and his bodyguard were accused of hitting a man when they were outside a Washington D.C. hotel in October, finally arrived in the area following 5-day trip.
A Marshal spokesperson confirmed on late Monday, April 7 that Brown was taken to a local prison where he will wait for his misdemeanor assault trial which has been scheduled for later this month. Sources additionally told WUSA9 that Brown would be locked in Northern Neck Regional Jail in Warsaw, Virginia.
A judge previously has rejected a request from the Grammy-winning singer's lawyer to dismiss the charge because of prosecutors' misconduct. On Monday, Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos argued that the prosecutors used the grand jury to "freeze" the testimony of the alleged victim. As quoted by The Associated Press, Judge Patricia Wynn said, "I am persuaded that there was no abuse."
During the Monday session, the judge also ordered that Brown and his bodyguard Christopher Hollosy would be tried separately. Brown, who did not attend the court meeting because he was still on the way to Washington, will be tried after Holloway's case is finished. The bodyguard will start the trial on April 17.
More Chris Brown News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard