Gwyneth Paltrow's Grandmother Dorothy Dies
Gwyneth Paltrow has just lost her grandmother. According to an obituary posted on The Palm Beach Post, Dorothy Paltrow, the mother of the actress' late father Bruce, passed away on March 31. The former resident of Great Neck, N.Y. is survived by two children, five grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren.
According to the obituary, the family will hold a private memorial service. The announcement added that donations may be made to the Keith Adam Paltrow Memorial Scholarship Fund at Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.
The "Shakespeare in Love" actress has been having a hard time. Late last month, she and her husband Chris Martin announced their separation after 10 years of marriage. "We have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate," read a statement on her site. The couple has two children together.
Prior to making the announcement the pair took their children to the Bahamas to escape the media. The actress and the Coldplay frontman were later spotted at a restaurant on the island of Eleuthera with some friends. "You would never have guessed they had just split up. They looked like they were getting on OK," an eyewitness told The Sun. "Chris seemed in good form and was telling lots of jokes. Gwyneth pulled a few faces but it was all in good spirits."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed