Chris Martin Denies Cheating on Gwyneth Paltrow With 'SNL' Assistant
Chris Martin was recently accused of cheating on Gwyneth Paltrow, but he has cleared things up. Through his representative, he denies that he had an affair with an unnamed "Saturday Night Live" assistant. "This is completely untrue, we totally deny it," his spokesman Murray Chalmers says of the rumor.
The New York Post previously reported that Martin flirted with an "SNL" assistant when his band Coldplay was invited as musical guest at the NBC show in 2011. A source said, "He had an affair with a woman who was backstage and was part of an entourage. Everyone was talking about it because he was openly flirting with her at one of the show after-parties."
His estranged wife Gwyneth Paltrow was also hit with cheating allegation after they announced their separation. She was linked to Miami billionaire Jeff Soffer and entertainment lawyer Rick Yorn, but her rep insisted, "We have time and time again denied any romantic relationship with Jeff Soffer and Gwyneth. Your source is either wrong or fake. We will no longer be addressing the insane rumors that have been started by gossips."
Martin and Paltrow separated after 10 years of marriage. "We have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate," they announced on March 25. "We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been."
More Chris Martin News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie