Shakira Clears Up Comment About Boyfriend Being 'Territorial'
Shakira retracted her comment about boyfriend Gerard Pique after realizing that people did not see what she actually meant. The pop star clarified the interview that she did with Billboard a month ago in which she said her man was "very territorial."
In the interview, the 37-year-old said, "Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women." She added, "It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to."
Shakira has since received backlash over the comment and she took it to Facebook on Thursday, April 3 to clear the air a bit. "I was being humorous and now I see that some press took it very literally!" she wrote. "The reality is that we have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue on either side."
The "The Voice" mentor went on adding, "I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humor, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted!"
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show