Shakira Clears Up Comment About Boyfriend Being 'Territorial'
Shakira retracted her comment about boyfriend Gerard Pique after realizing that people did not see what she actually meant. The pop star clarified the interview that she did with Billboard a month ago in which she said her man was "very territorial."
In the interview, the 37-year-old said, "Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women." She added, "It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to."
Shakira has since received backlash over the comment and she took it to Facebook on Thursday, April 3 to clear the air a bit. "I was being humorous and now I see that some press took it very literally!" she wrote. "The reality is that we have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue on either side."
The "The Voice" mentor went on adding, "I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humor, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted!"
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'