Shakira Clears Up Comment About Boyfriend Being 'Territorial'
Shakira retracted her comment about boyfriend Gerard Pique after realizing that people did not see what she actually meant. The pop star clarified the interview that she did with Billboard a month ago in which she said her man was "very territorial."
In the interview, the 37-year-old said, "Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women." She added, "It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to."
Shakira has since received backlash over the comment and she took it to Facebook on Thursday, April 3 to clear the air a bit. "I was being humorous and now I see that some press took it very literally!" she wrote. "The reality is that we have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue on either side."
The "The Voice" mentor went on adding, "I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humor, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted!"
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic