Shakira Clears Up Comment About Boyfriend Being 'Territorial'
Shakira retracted her comment about boyfriend Gerard Pique after realizing that people did not see what she actually meant. The pop star clarified the interview that she did with Billboard a month ago in which she said her man was "very territorial."
In the interview, the 37-year-old said, "Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women." She added, "It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to."
Shakira has since received backlash over the comment and she took it to Facebook on Thursday, April 3 to clear the air a bit. "I was being humorous and now I see that some press took it very literally!" she wrote. "The reality is that we have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue on either side."
The "The Voice" mentor went on adding, "I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humor, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted!"
More Shakira News
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson