Jimmy Fallon Reveals Top 10 Reasons David Letterman Is Retiring
Jimmy Fallon addressed David Letterman's retirement plan on his own show Friday night, April 4. "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" host recalled the time he was guest hosting for Letterman, praising his senior as saying, "It's hard to imagine late night TV without him, because he revolutionized it."
Fallon wasn't even shy to use Letterman's joke, presenting in Letterman-style top ten list of reasons the "Late Show" host is retiring next year. "He made it what it is today. And, after I heard the news, I kind of started thinking about reasons why Letterman is retiring," he said, before reading, "Wants to quit while he's still able to compete on 'Dancing with the Stars'," as the No. 10 reason.
Fallon also believed that the veteran comedian "made millions selling crack to Rob Ford" and felt that the "time slot was getting too 'Jimmyesque'," which prompted Letterman to quit the CBS talk show. He gave a shout-out to Jay Leno, saying, "Jay Leno needs a partner for next season's 'Amazing Race'," as reason No. 2.
In No. 1, Fallon admitted he's "stealing" Letterman's bits.
Top 10 Reasons David Letterman Is Retiring by Jimmy Fallon:
10. Wants to quit while he's still able to compete on "Dancing with the Stars".
9. Made millions selling crack to Rob Ford.
8. Time slot was getting to "Jimmyesque."
7. He's not retiring - he's "consciously unhosting."
6. Stop! Hammock time!
5. Hillary/Letterman 2016!
4. After 31 years, finally got through to the Obamacare website!
3. One word: E-Looprah
2. Jay Leno needs a partner for next season's "Amazing Race".
1. Jimmy Fallon is stealing his bits.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'