Jimmy Fallon Reveals Top 10 Reasons David Letterman Is Retiring
Jimmy Fallon addressed David Letterman's retirement plan on his own show Friday night, April 4. "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" host recalled the time he was guest hosting for Letterman, praising his senior as saying, "It's hard to imagine late night TV without him, because he revolutionized it."
Fallon wasn't even shy to use Letterman's joke, presenting in Letterman-style top ten list of reasons the "Late Show" host is retiring next year. "He made it what it is today. And, after I heard the news, I kind of started thinking about reasons why Letterman is retiring," he said, before reading, "Wants to quit while he's still able to compete on 'Dancing with the Stars'," as the No. 10 reason.
Fallon also believed that the veteran comedian "made millions selling crack to Rob Ford" and felt that the "time slot was getting too 'Jimmyesque'," which prompted Letterman to quit the CBS talk show. He gave a shout-out to Jay Leno, saying, "Jay Leno needs a partner for next season's 'Amazing Race'," as reason No. 2.
In No. 1, Fallon admitted he's "stealing" Letterman's bits.
Top 10 Reasons David Letterman Is Retiring by Jimmy Fallon:
10. Wants to quit while he's still able to compete on "Dancing with the Stars".
9. Made millions selling crack to Rob Ford.
8. Time slot was getting to "Jimmyesque."
7. He's not retiring - he's "consciously unhosting."
6. Stop! Hammock time!
5. Hillary/Letterman 2016!
4. After 31 years, finally got through to the Obamacare website!
3. One word: E-Looprah
2. Jay Leno needs a partner for next season's "Amazing Race".
1. Jimmy Fallon is stealing his bits.
Jimmy Fallon Presents the 'Top 10 Reasons David Letterman Is Retiring'
More The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon News
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Continue Their Love Affair With a Trip to Mall