Jennette McCurdy's Feud With Nickelodeon Is Allegedly Due to Money Issue
A new report has allegedly revealed what kind of an "unfair situation" that Jennette McCurdy claims Nickelodeon has put her in. According to TMZ, money is behind the beef between the 21-year-old actress and the network that has put the future of her show "Sam & Cat" in limbo.
Sources say McCurdy is unhappy that she makes less money than her co-star Ariana Grande. She reportedly has been trying to seek a pay raise but to no avail so far. Despite her disappointment, the Sam depicter has no hard feelings for Grande.
Production on the show's 40-episode season 1 is put on hiatus with a spokesperson for Nickelodeon confirming, "We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired. We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
Rumor of McCurdy and Nickelodeon's feud was fueled by the actress' absence from the Kids' Choice Awards last Saturday, March 29. McCurdy denied that she was feuding with Grande and insisted that it had nothing to do with her leaked racy pictures.
"I wish I could explain everything as thoroughly as I would like to, but unfortunately a simpler explanation is all I can write. I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me," she tweeted on Sunday. "My previous tweet has nothing to do with pics leaked. It has to do with how Nickelodeon treated me. That's all."
In response to McCurdy's claim, a rep for the network said, "We have nothing but the utmost respect for Jennette and her talent."
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy