Matthew Goode Upped to Series Regular on 'The Good Wife'
As expected, Matthew Goode is promoted to series regular on "The Good Wife" following the death of Josh Charles' character Will Gardner. Goode, who plays attorney Finn Polmar, went from a guest star to a series regular for the remainder of season 5.
It was no coincidence that Goode's character was introduced during the episode when Gardner was shot and killed. "He's Alicia's connection to Will's last moments, because he was there [in the courtroom]. He was with Will. And it turns out he was fairly heroic in covering Will. And Finn was hit a few times with gunfire because of that. So Alicia feels a connection there," executive producer Robert King told TVLine.
He continued, "Josh created a great jolt of male energy in the show. We wanted an equivalent jolt once we knew Josh was leaving. So no matter what way Josh was leaving the show, we knew we needed to get more male energy."
Goode will appear again in the 16th episode titled "The Last Call" which airs on Sunday, March 30. While everyone's dealing with Gardner's death, Polmar will have a pivotal scene with Alicia in the episode, E! Online reports. The CBS show has received the greenlight for season six but it is yet clear whether Goode is included beyond the current season.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen