CinemaCon 2014: 'Fast and Furious 7', 'Dumb and Dumber To', and 'Jurassic World' Get Previewed
Besides getting to see "Fifty Shades of Grey" footage, people at the CinemaCon in Las Vegas were lucky to get first sneak peeks at much-awaited films like "Fast and Furious 7", "Jurassic World", and "Dumb and Dumber To". There was Angelina Jolie making a surprise appearance to discuss and preview her new directorial project "Unbroken" as well.
The late Paul Walker was featured in the sneak peek of the seventh installment of "Fast and Furious" series, giving a preview of his last performance in the franchise. According to The Associated Press, one of the stunts saw Walker's Brian O'Conner and his crew "driving cars out of a helicopter and safely landing with the help of parachutes." He said, "Just when you think it couldn't get any better, huh?"
In the "Dumb & Dumber" sequel, Harry (Jeff Daniels) visited Lloyd (Jim Carrey) "in a home where he's been faking helpless for 20 years as a gag." They kept "the same crappy apartment" and "the dog truck." It's doused with hilarious comedy as the duo was searching for the daughter Harry never knew before. "Check out the hotties at 12 o'clock," Harry said as quoted by LA Times. "That's three hours away!" Lloyd replied. "Why can't I check them out now?"
For the new "Jurassic Park" movie, fans got to see a trailer that featured CGI and voiceover. According to IGN, "a camera [was] moving through the jungle with words over the screen as soundbites of John Hammond's dialogue from the earlier Jurassic Park movies is played." Teasers for "Ted 2" and "Pitch Perfect 2" also presented voiceover or footage from the first films.
During a special presentation of "Unbroken", Jolie said, "I wanted to make this film because in the end, its message is one we all need now more than ever." She added, "It's the journey of a man finding his way through the darkness and into the light. It is about an imperfect person - one who we and our children can relate to."
Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley was also present at the panel. They talked about the long process of bringing the inspiring true-story war drama into the big screen. "Over the years the project experienced a number of false starts," Jolie said. "It never quite all came together until it caught the attention of a force of nature, Angelina Jolie," Langley chimed in. "Angie made this movie happen." She went on, "She fought for it and earned the right to direct it."
Other previews included "Neighbors", "A Million Ways to Die in the West", "Hercules", "Transformers: Age of Extinction", and "Despicable Me" spin-off, "Minions". There was also a treat in form of "Ninja Turtles" footage that featured Megan Fox and Will Arnett.
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2