David Cassidy Sentenced to Rehab and Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
David Cassidy has been ordered by a judge to stay in rehab for three months and undergo probation for five years after he pled no contest to a drunk-driving charge. He is also slapped with fines and required to complete a nine-month alcohol education program.
The former teen idol, now 63, was arrested by a California Highway Patrol officer last January for making an illegal turn while exiting the 405 freeway in Los Angeles. He allegedly had a blood alcohol level of more than twice the legal limit, blowing a .19 into breathalyzer.
Back then, Cassidy's manager insisted that his client's drinking was the result of stressful questioning he had just undergone during depositions by Sony Pictures Television about a legal dispute regarding the profits of his 1970s sitcom "Partridge Family".
"It appears as if the pressure led to a brief relapse. He was on his way to the airport to return to his home in Florida and to transitional rehabilitation. He plans now to return to rehab in an undisclosed facility," his lawyer explained.
In a statement to TMZ after his sentencing, Cassidy's rep said the actor had already checked into an inpatient rehab facility and the judge would be giving him credit for the 102 days he's served. He's expected to be moved into a monitored outpatient program early next month. "David is very committed to his sobriety," the rep said.
Cassidy was previously popped for DUI in Florida in November 2010 and in upstate New York in August 2013. The DUI case in New York was reduced from a felony to misdemeanour earlier this month.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake