Aretha Franklin Works With Andre 3000 and Babyface for New Tracks
Aretha Franklin, who will turn 72 in the next few days, shows no sign of slowing down. Instead, she's planning to work on her new music with hip-hop artist Andre 3000 a.k.a. Andre Benjamin and singer/songwriter Babyface, Billboard reports.
"Babyface is working on the tracks," she said in an interview. Babyface is currently guest starring with Toni Braxton in the Broadway musical "After Midnight", which celebrates Duke Ellington's years at the Cotton Club nightclub in Harlem.
"So, I'm just waiting for him to finish that so he can finish my tracks please," she continued. "And I think Andre 2000 - is it two or three? 3000 is going to be doing some of the tracks with him."
Over the weekend, Franklin held a small party at New York's Ritz Carlton Hotel to celebrate her birthday. In addition to collaborators Clive Davis, Andre 3000 and Babyface, the party's guests included Denzel Washington.
"It was a good birthday present! I love Denzel," Franklin said of the actor before revealing what her ideal birthday present would be. "I'm looking for a record deal for my granddaughter Victorie and my son Kecalf and Jordan, who is going to school for the arts at the end of the year, so he's on the way," she explained.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande