Aretha Franklin Works With Andre 3000 and Babyface for New Tracks
Aretha Franklin, who will turn 72 in the next few days, shows no sign of slowing down. Instead, she's planning to work on her new music with hip-hop artist Andre 3000 a.k.a. Andre Benjamin and singer/songwriter Babyface, Billboard reports.
"Babyface is working on the tracks," she said in an interview. Babyface is currently guest starring with Toni Braxton in the Broadway musical "After Midnight", which celebrates Duke Ellington's years at the Cotton Club nightclub in Harlem.
"So, I'm just waiting for him to finish that so he can finish my tracks please," she continued. "And I think Andre 2000 - is it two or three? 3000 is going to be doing some of the tracks with him."
Over the weekend, Franklin held a small party at New York's Ritz Carlton Hotel to celebrate her birthday. In addition to collaborators Clive Davis, Andre 3000 and Babyface, the party's guests included Denzel Washington.
"It was a good birthday present! I love Denzel," Franklin said of the actor before revealing what her ideal birthday present would be. "I'm looking for a record deal for my granddaughter Victorie and my son Kecalf and Jordan, who is going to school for the arts at the end of the year, so he's on the way," she explained.
More Aretha Franklin News
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years