Aretha Franklin Works With Andre 3000 and Babyface for New Tracks
Aretha Franklin, who will turn 72 in the next few days, shows no sign of slowing down. Instead, she's planning to work on her new music with hip-hop artist Andre 3000 a.k.a. Andre Benjamin and singer/songwriter Babyface, Billboard reports.
"Babyface is working on the tracks," she said in an interview. Babyface is currently guest starring with Toni Braxton in the Broadway musical "After Midnight", which celebrates Duke Ellington's years at the Cotton Club nightclub in Harlem.
"So, I'm just waiting for him to finish that so he can finish my tracks please," she continued. "And I think Andre 2000 - is it two or three? 3000 is going to be doing some of the tracks with him."
Over the weekend, Franklin held a small party at New York's Ritz Carlton Hotel to celebrate her birthday. In addition to collaborators Clive Davis, Andre 3000 and Babyface, the party's guests included Denzel Washington.
"It was a good birthday present! I love Denzel," Franklin said of the actor before revealing what her ideal birthday present would be. "I'm looking for a record deal for my granddaughter Victorie and my son Kecalf and Jordan, who is going to school for the arts at the end of the year, so he's on the way," she explained.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing
- Pregnant Beyonce Is Keeping Kim Kardashian Away From Her