Paul Walker Scenes in 'Fast and Furious 7' Will Use Body Doubles and CGI
As "Fast and Furious 7" is gearing up to resume production, details of how the filming will proceed now that Paul Walker is gone are revealed. Any scenes that feature Walker's Brian O'Conner will reportedly use body doubles and get CGI effects in post-production.
"They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul's physique and they will be used for movement and as a base," a source spills to New York Daily News. "Paul's face and voice will be used on top using CGI."
Following Walker's tragic accident last November, O'Conner will be retired in this seventh installment directed by James Wan. There was once a rumor that Walker's bother, Cody, who is a stuntman, would be hired to stand in for his late brother, but no official word has been released regarding this report.
The movie was originally due this year, but has to be moved back to April 10, 2015 after Walker's passing. The crew will return to Abu Dhabi next month to film new scenes. Vin Diesel who has played the late actor's on-screen sidekick since the first film back in 2001 vows "to make this the best one in the series" as respect to his late co-star.
Other cast members include Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jason Statham, Ludacris, and Tyrese Gibson.
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'