Fox Locks Release Dates for 'Fantastic Four 2', 'Wolverine' Sequel and Mystery Marvel Film
Fox announces some new projects and books release dates for them in the process. While "The Fantastic Four" reboot hasn't gone into production, a sequel is already mapped out. The studio also sets dates for "The Wolverine" follow-up and an untitled film based on Marvel properties.
"The Fantastic Four 2" is set for July 14, 2017. The first installment in the rebooted franchise will not arrive until June 19, 2015. Josh Trank will direct the superhero remake, while Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, and Jamie Bell are expected to play the lead roles.
The sequel to 2013's "Wolverine", meanwhile, is planned for March 3, 2017. Director James Mangold and main actor Hugh Jackman are expected to reprise their respective roles. It will be preceded by "X-Men: Apocalypse", a sequel to soon-to-be released "X-Men: Days of Future Past", on May 27, 2016.
As for the mystery Marvel film, it is scheduled for July 13, 2018. No other details are available, but once there was a rumor that Fox was looking to make a crossover movie that would involve "X-Men" mutants and "Fantastic Four" heroes.
Fox also announces Liam Neeson starrer, "Taken 3", for January 9, 2015, and an untitled Ridley Scott movie for March 4, 2016. On top of that, the studio pushes back Daniel Radcliffe-led "Frankenstein" from January 16, 2015 to October 2, 2015. Meanwhile, Matthew Vaughn's "The Secret Service" and a Vince Vaughn's movie "Business or Pleasure" switch dates. The former is now due October 24 this year, and the latter is delayed until March 6, 2015.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences