'The Grudge' Getting a Reboot Treatment
"The Grudge" franchise is going to be relaunched in a reboot. Deadline learns that Ghost House Pictures and Good Universe are working on a project to remake the horror story with the script being drafted by Jeff Buhler ("The Midnight Meat Train").
Sam Raimi who produced the first three films will reprise his role along with Rob Tapert, who joined him in the first two flicks, and Taka Ichise from the Japan production. The executive producers are Roy Lee, Doug Davison, Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane.
"The Grudge (2015)" is based on Japanese film series, "Ju-On", created by Takashi Shimizu. The original American version starred Sarah Michelle Gellar. It's about the curse of a deceased family's violent rage that destroys the lives of everyone who comes in contact with it. "The Grudge 2" came out in 2006, and "The Grudge 3" followed in 2009.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set