'The Grudge' Getting a Reboot Treatment
"The Grudge" franchise is going to be relaunched in a reboot. Deadline learns that Ghost House Pictures and Good Universe are working on a project to remake the horror story with the script being drafted by Jeff Buhler ("The Midnight Meat Train").
Sam Raimi who produced the first three films will reprise his role along with Rob Tapert, who joined him in the first two flicks, and Taka Ichise from the Japan production. The executive producers are Roy Lee, Doug Davison, Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane.
"The Grudge (2015)" is based on Japanese film series, "Ju-On", created by Takashi Shimizu. The original American version starred Sarah Michelle Gellar. It's about the curse of a deceased family's violent rage that destroys the lives of everyone who comes in contact with it. "The Grudge 2" came out in 2006, and "The Grudge 3" followed in 2009.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns