'The Grudge' Getting a Reboot Treatment
"The Grudge" franchise is going to be relaunched in a reboot. Deadline learns that Ghost House Pictures and Good Universe are working on a project to remake the horror story with the script being drafted by Jeff Buhler ("The Midnight Meat Train").
Sam Raimi who produced the first three films will reprise his role along with Rob Tapert, who joined him in the first two flicks, and Taka Ichise from the Japan production. The executive producers are Roy Lee, Doug Davison, Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane.
"The Grudge (2015)" is based on Japanese film series, "Ju-On", created by Takashi Shimizu. The original American version starred Sarah Michelle Gellar. It's about the curse of a deceased family's violent rage that destroys the lives of everyone who comes in contact with it. "The Grudge 2" came out in 2006, and "The Grudge 3" followed in 2009.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake