'The Grudge' Getting a Reboot Treatment
"The Grudge" franchise is going to be relaunched in a reboot. Deadline learns that Ghost House Pictures and Good Universe are working on a project to remake the horror story with the script being drafted by Jeff Buhler ("The Midnight Meat Train").
Sam Raimi who produced the first three films will reprise his role along with Rob Tapert, who joined him in the first two flicks, and Taka Ichise from the Japan production. The executive producers are Roy Lee, Doug Davison, Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane.
"The Grudge (2015)" is based on Japanese film series, "Ju-On", created by Takashi Shimizu. The original American version starred Sarah Michelle Gellar. It's about the curse of a deceased family's violent rage that destroys the lives of everyone who comes in contact with it. "The Grudge 2" came out in 2006, and "The Grudge 3" followed in 2009.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3