'The Grudge' Getting a Reboot Treatment
"The Grudge" franchise is going to be relaunched in a reboot. Deadline learns that Ghost House Pictures and Good Universe are working on a project to remake the horror story with the script being drafted by Jeff Buhler ("The Midnight Meat Train").
Sam Raimi who produced the first three films will reprise his role along with Rob Tapert, who joined him in the first two flicks, and Taka Ichise from the Japan production. The executive producers are Roy Lee, Doug Davison, Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane.
"The Grudge (2015)" is based on Japanese film series, "Ju-On", created by Takashi Shimizu. The original American version starred Sarah Michelle Gellar. It's about the curse of a deceased family's violent rage that destroys the lives of everyone who comes in contact with it. "The Grudge 2" came out in 2006, and "The Grudge 3" followed in 2009.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift