Lady GaGa's Vomit Artist Fires Back at Demi Lovato
Millie Brown, the performance artist who vomit-painted on Lady GaGa during her SXSW performance, defender her artwork which drew backlash. Brown took to Twitter to respond to Demi Lovato who accused her and the Mother Monster of glamorizing eating disorder.
Brown posted a screenshot of Lovato's tweet back in September 2013 when the ex-Disney star said, "I think people are too judgmental on artists today. Artists have and always will have the right to express themselves in any way they want.." GaGa's friend then fired back, "But yet to bash Gaga?"
The artist added in another defensive post, "I believe in absolute freedom of expression. Challenging perceptions of art & beauty. If art is your communication it should not be censored."
She also told TMZ, "There's a clear difference between using my body to create something beautiful, to express myself and feel powerful, rather than using it to punish myself and conform to society's standards."
On Thursday when GaGa was singing "Swine" in Austin, Texas, Brown shoved her fingers down her throat and vomited green paint all over the singer. "Sad... As if we didn't have enough people glamorizing eating disorders already. Bottom line, it's not 'cool' or 'artsy' at all," Lovato criticized.
More Lady GaGa News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival