Lady GaGa's Vomit Artist Fires Back at Demi Lovato
Millie Brown, the performance artist who vomit-painted on Lady GaGa during her SXSW performance, defender her artwork which drew backlash. Brown took to Twitter to respond to Demi Lovato who accused her and the Mother Monster of glamorizing eating disorder.
Brown posted a screenshot of Lovato's tweet back in September 2013 when the ex-Disney star said, "I think people are too judgmental on artists today. Artists have and always will have the right to express themselves in any way they want.." GaGa's friend then fired back, "But yet to bash Gaga?"
The artist added in another defensive post, "I believe in absolute freedom of expression. Challenging perceptions of art & beauty. If art is your communication it should not be censored."
She also told TMZ, "There's a clear difference between using my body to create something beautiful, to express myself and feel powerful, rather than using it to punish myself and conform to society's standards."
On Thursday when GaGa was singing "Swine" in Austin, Texas, Brown shoved her fingers down her throat and vomited green paint all over the singer. "Sad... As if we didn't have enough people glamorizing eating disorders already. Bottom line, it's not 'cool' or 'artsy' at all," Lovato criticized.
More Lady GaGa News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- Calvin Harris Premieres Beachy Music Video for 'Feels' Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell and Big Sean
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?