Lady GaGa's Vomit Artist Fires Back at Demi Lovato
Millie Brown, the performance artist who vomit-painted on Lady GaGa during her SXSW performance, defender her artwork which drew backlash. Brown took to Twitter to respond to Demi Lovato who accused her and the Mother Monster of glamorizing eating disorder.
Brown posted a screenshot of Lovato's tweet back in September 2013 when the ex-Disney star said, "I think people are too judgmental on artists today. Artists have and always will have the right to express themselves in any way they want.." GaGa's friend then fired back, "But yet to bash Gaga?"
The artist added in another defensive post, "I believe in absolute freedom of expression. Challenging perceptions of art & beauty. If art is your communication it should not be censored."
She also told TMZ, "There's a clear difference between using my body to create something beautiful, to express myself and feel powerful, rather than using it to punish myself and conform to society's standards."
On Thursday when GaGa was singing "Swine" in Austin, Texas, Brown shoved her fingers down her throat and vomited green paint all over the singer. "Sad... As if we didn't have enough people glamorizing eating disorders already. Bottom line, it's not 'cool' or 'artsy' at all," Lovato criticized.
More Lady GaGa News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce