Kristin Cavallari Didn't Vaccinate Son Because of Autism Fears
Kristin Cavallari is against vaccinating children. The former star of "The Hills" was in Fox Business interview on Thursday, March 13 when the session touched the issue of vaccination. She appeared on "Fox & Friends" the next day and offered explanation for her view.
"You know, it's not something that I wanted to publicly come out and say... I was in an interview when it came up and it wasn't what I was expecting," she said on Friday. "Listen, to each their own. I understand both sides of it. I've ready too many books about autism and there's some scary statistics out there. It's our personal choice, and, you know, if you're really concerned about your kid get them vaccinated."
Back on Thursday, the former reality star who has a son with football player Jay Cutler and is pregnant with her second child admitted to not vaccinating her son when the topic came out in the interview with Lisa Kennedy. "We didn't vaccinate. I read too many books about autism and there's studies," she shared.
"There is a pediatric group called Homestead, or Home First? Pregnancy brain, I've got it confused. They've never vaccinated any of their children and they haven't had one case of autism. And now, 1 in 88 boys is autistic, which is a really scary statistic ... The vaccinations have changed over the years, there's more mercury and other..." Cavallari said.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed