Kristin Cavallari Didn't Vaccinate Son Because of Autism Fears
Kristin Cavallari is against vaccinating children. The former star of "The Hills" was in Fox Business interview on Thursday, March 13 when the session touched the issue of vaccination. She appeared on "Fox & Friends" the next day and offered explanation for her view.
"You know, it's not something that I wanted to publicly come out and say... I was in an interview when it came up and it wasn't what I was expecting," she said on Friday. "Listen, to each their own. I understand both sides of it. I've ready too many books about autism and there's some scary statistics out there. It's our personal choice, and, you know, if you're really concerned about your kid get them vaccinated."
Back on Thursday, the former reality star who has a son with football player Jay Cutler and is pregnant with her second child admitted to not vaccinating her son when the topic came out in the interview with Lisa Kennedy. "We didn't vaccinate. I read too many books about autism and there's studies," she shared.
"There is a pediatric group called Homestead, or Home First? Pregnancy brain, I've got it confused. They've never vaccinated any of their children and they haven't had one case of autism. And now, 1 in 88 boys is autistic, which is a really scary statistic ... The vaccinations have changed over the years, there's more mercury and other..." Cavallari said.
More Kristin Cavallari News
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say