Kristin Cavallari Didn't Vaccinate Son Because of Autism Fears
Kristin Cavallari is against vaccinating children. The former star of "The Hills" was in Fox Business interview on Thursday, March 13 when the session touched the issue of vaccination. She appeared on "Fox & Friends" the next day and offered explanation for her view.
"You know, it's not something that I wanted to publicly come out and say... I was in an interview when it came up and it wasn't what I was expecting," she said on Friday. "Listen, to each their own. I understand both sides of it. I've ready too many books about autism and there's some scary statistics out there. It's our personal choice, and, you know, if you're really concerned about your kid get them vaccinated."
Back on Thursday, the former reality star who has a son with football player Jay Cutler and is pregnant with her second child admitted to not vaccinating her son when the topic came out in the interview with Lisa Kennedy. "We didn't vaccinate. I read too many books about autism and there's studies," she shared.
"There is a pediatric group called Homestead, or Home First? Pregnancy brain, I've got it confused. They've never vaccinated any of their children and they haven't had one case of autism. And now, 1 in 88 boys is autistic, which is a really scary statistic ... The vaccinations have changed over the years, there's more mercury and other..." Cavallari said.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season