Jared Leto Shows Support for Ukrainian Protesters at 30 Seconds to Mars' Concert in Kiev
Rock band 30 Seconds to Mars didn't let the political disaster in Ukraine ruin their scheduled performance in the country. During their concert in Kiev on Wednesday, March 12, Jared Leto and his bandmates showed support for the Ukrainian protesters who'd been fighting for a new nation.
"You guys are in the midst of something really beautiful and it may be difficult, but there's no price too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself," Leto told the crowd at the city's Sports Palace.
"And I want to let you know, I understand other bands have cancelled their shows, but there was no f**king way, no f**king way 30 Seconds to Mars wasn't going to be here in this beautiful city, in this great country here tonight," he added and later dedicated a song to the "true believers out there."
Leto referenced Ukraine and Venezuela when he was accepting the Best Supporting Actor award for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" at the Oscars earlier this month. "To all the dreamers out there around the world watching tonight in places like Ukraine and Venezuela, we are here and as you struggle to make your dreams happen, to live the impossible, we're thinking of you tonight," he said.
More Jared Leto News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...