'The Big Bang Theory' Renewed for Three More Seasons by CBS
CBS has given a vote of confidence to Emmy-winning comedy "The Big Bang Theory". The network has renewed the top-rated show for three more seasons, bringing it through the 2016-2017 TV season.
"Comedy is a big part of our schedule, and The Big Bang Theory is the biggest comedy force on television," says Nina Tassler, Chairman, CBS Entertainment, when announcing the multi-year broadcast renewal.
"This multi-year deal further strengthens our network's position for future seasons and marks another chapter in the great partnership CBS enjoys with Warner Bros. Television for delivering audiences the best in comedy. We're proud to work with and showcase the incredible talents of Chuck Lorre, Steve Molaro and this amazing cast every week."
This is the second time the sitcom has earned a massive three-season renewal. The studio is expected to renew deals with stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco, who reportedly are seeking hefty salary increases. Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar are said looking for increases too and will negotiate together, while Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch have inked new deals with WBTV.
"Big Bang Theory" has been television's No. 1 comedy in total viewers since the 2010-11 season and No. 1 comedy in key demographics for the second straight season. Season to date, it is averaging 19.79 million viewers (up 4%) from last year, and a 6.1 rating in the key demo.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!