'Jeopardy!' Hero Villain Arthur Chu's Winning Streak Ends
"Jeopardy!" controversial contestant Arthur Chu has finally lost the game after 11 straigth wins. The so-called hero villain's winning streak ended on Wednesday, March 12, but he managed to take home $297,200 from his 12-day reign.
Chu was defeated by Diana Peloquin of Ann Arbor, Mich. who won $15,700 that day. She's the only contestant with the right answer, George VI, for the question: "He was the last male monarch who had not previously been Prince of Wales."
Chu only had 6,400 in winnings heading into Final Jeopardy and bet it all for the said question. He came in third at the end of the game with zero dollars. He then took to Twitter to express his feelings after the episode aired, writing, "Thanks for all the love guys. Hard to be hurt by a loss I've known was coming since Nov but seeing others react makes it real again."
He also commented on the winner, Peloquin, "Also Diana is beginning to remind me of Katniss Everdeen and that raises my villain hackles," adding, "Diana is dangerously cute. Cute girls always worry me."
He went on announcing his upcoming TV appearance on "Good Morning America" and "Live! with Kelly and Michael", tweeting, "Just have to console myself with being a guest on #GoodMorningAmerica and #LiveWithKellyAndMichael and almost $300,000."
Chu ranks third in total cash won in the history of the game show. He made headlines in early February for his untraditional strategy, including jumping around the board to find the Daily Doubles instead of completing categories from top to bottom.
Ken Jennings, who competed on the show in 2004, still holds the record for the most win, 74 consecutive victories with total cash winnings of $2.5 million.
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'