Chris Pine Arrested for Drunk Driving
Chris Pine reportedly was arrested for drunk driving in New Zealand earlier this month. The "Star Trek Into Darkness" star allegedly was pulled over by the police in the early hours of March 1 after he attended a wrap party for his upcoming film "Z for Zachariah" at Blue Pub in Methven, Canterbury.
As reported by Stuff.co.nz, a statement from the police mentioned that a 33-year-old American man was "stopped during a routine drink-drive operation." The statement continued, "He has been charged with driving with excess blood alcohol and will appear in the Ashburton District Court on Monday 17 March. Given that the matter is now before the court, police will not be releasing any further information."
The pub's manager Casey Crawford told the news outlet that Pine "seemed fine" when he left the party at 2.30 A.M. "He looked like he just wanted to spend time with his partner [Iris Bjork Johannesdottir]. I think she just flew in that day," Crawford said, adding that star was "cruisy" and "well-spoken." He also said, "I thought he was really friendly. A really, really nice guy."
The party was attended by 80 people from the movie, including Pine's co-star Margot Robbie. "It was a really good party. It was really well controlled. Chris was really good. They were a good crowd, the whole lot of them," Crawford explained.
The staffer continued saying that the pub provided designated drivers for the guests. "We had transport organized. If something happened to him, he probably thought he was fine to drive. I thought he was," Crawford stated.
More Chris Pine News
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army