Chris Pine Arrested for Drunk Driving
Chris Pine reportedly was arrested for drunk driving in New Zealand earlier this month. The "Star Trek Into Darkness" star allegedly was pulled over by the police in the early hours of March 1 after he attended a wrap party for his upcoming film "Z for Zachariah" at Blue Pub in Methven, Canterbury.
As reported by Stuff.co.nz, a statement from the police mentioned that a 33-year-old American man was "stopped during a routine drink-drive operation." The statement continued, "He has been charged with driving with excess blood alcohol and will appear in the Ashburton District Court on Monday 17 March. Given that the matter is now before the court, police will not be releasing any further information."
The pub's manager Casey Crawford told the news outlet that Pine "seemed fine" when he left the party at 2.30 A.M. "He looked like he just wanted to spend time with his partner [Iris Bjork Johannesdottir]. I think she just flew in that day," Crawford said, adding that star was "cruisy" and "well-spoken." He also said, "I thought he was really friendly. A really, really nice guy."
The party was attended by 80 people from the movie, including Pine's co-star Margot Robbie. "It was a really good party. It was really well controlled. Chris was really good. They were a good crowd, the whole lot of them," Crawford explained.
The staffer continued saying that the pub provided designated drivers for the guests. "We had transport organized. If something happened to him, he probably thought he was fine to drive. I thought he was," Crawford stated.
More Chris Pine News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences