Lily Allen Admits Her New Music Is 'Rubbish'
Since ending her lengthy hiatus late last year, Lily Allen has dropped several new tracks which as fans can see haven't been performing too well on charts. A male fan recently tweeted his disappointment over Allen's new music and received surprising reply from the star.
In a Twitter message posted on Tuesday, March 11, the fan named Reg Wilding complained, "@lilyallen's new music is actually docile pop rubbish. So disappointing. She properly just wrote some rubbish to cash some cheques."
Allen agreed with Wilding's comment and went on blaming the "rubbish" music on her label and the radio stations. "@RFWilding what you've heard so far yes. All i can do is do my best, the labels and the radio stations won't play the better stuff," she answered.
Wilding then revealed that he would still buy Allen's upcoming album "Sheezus" in hopes he'd enjoy the singer's better offerings.
Allen's first full album in five years is set to hit the stores in May. The record will feature tracks like "Hard Out Here", "Air Balloon", "L8CMMR" and "Our Time". The latter song and its music video arrived on Monday.
More Lily Allen News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny