Lily Allen Admits Her New Music Is 'Rubbish'
Since ending her lengthy hiatus late last year, Lily Allen has dropped several new tracks which as fans can see haven't been performing too well on charts. A male fan recently tweeted his disappointment over Allen's new music and received surprising reply from the star.
In a Twitter message posted on Tuesday, March 11, the fan named Reg Wilding complained, "@lilyallen's new music is actually docile pop rubbish. So disappointing. She properly just wrote some rubbish to cash some cheques."
Allen agreed with Wilding's comment and went on blaming the "rubbish" music on her label and the radio stations. "@RFWilding what you've heard so far yes. All i can do is do my best, the labels and the radio stations won't play the better stuff," she answered.
Wilding then revealed that he would still buy Allen's upcoming album "Sheezus" in hopes he'd enjoy the singer's better offerings.
Allen's first full album in five years is set to hit the stores in May. The record will feature tracks like "Hard Out Here", "Air Balloon", "L8CMMR" and "Our Time". The latter song and its music video arrived on Monday.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie