DreamWorks' Animation 'Home' Releases Short Film Online
As a precursor for upcoming animation "Home (2014)", DreamWorks unleashes a short film dubbed "Almost Home". It introduces Captain Smek, an overly optimistic, yet inept alien leader voiced by Steve Martin. It follows him as he leads his clan, hopping from one planet to another in an effort to find a place to hide from their enemies.
In the longer feature film, the alien race eventually lands on Earth and settles there. When one lowly alien accidentally notifies the enemies of his whereabouts, he is forced to go on the run with a teenage girl, embarking on a comical road trip across a post-apocalyptic America and learning what it really means to be human.
Rihanna voices the human girl, Jennifer Lopez voices her mother, and Jim Parsons voices the runaway alien. RiRi is also working on a concept album for the movie which is adapted from Adam Rex's 2007 children's book "The True Meaning of Smekday".
The short film premiered in front of "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" before making its way out online via BuzzFeed.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger