DreamWorks' Animation 'Home' Releases Short Film Online
As a precursor for upcoming animation "Home (2014)", DreamWorks unleashes a short film dubbed "Almost Home". It introduces Captain Smek, an overly optimistic, yet inept alien leader voiced by Steve Martin. It follows him as he leads his clan, hopping from one planet to another in an effort to find a place to hide from their enemies.
In the longer feature film, the alien race eventually lands on Earth and settles there. When one lowly alien accidentally notifies the enemies of his whereabouts, he is forced to go on the run with a teenage girl, embarking on a comical road trip across a post-apocalyptic America and learning what it really means to be human.
Rihanna voices the human girl, Jennifer Lopez voices her mother, and Jim Parsons voices the runaway alien. RiRi is also working on a concept album for the movie which is adapted from Adam Rex's 2007 children's book "The True Meaning of Smekday".
The short film premiered in front of "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" before making its way out online via BuzzFeed.
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover