DreamWorks' Animation 'Home' Releases Short Film Online
As a precursor for upcoming animation "Home (2014)", DreamWorks unleashes a short film dubbed "Almost Home". It introduces Captain Smek, an overly optimistic, yet inept alien leader voiced by Steve Martin. It follows him as he leads his clan, hopping from one planet to another in an effort to find a place to hide from their enemies.
In the longer feature film, the alien race eventually lands on Earth and settles there. When one lowly alien accidentally notifies the enemies of his whereabouts, he is forced to go on the run with a teenage girl, embarking on a comical road trip across a post-apocalyptic America and learning what it really means to be human.
Rihanna voices the human girl, Jennifer Lopez voices her mother, and Jim Parsons voices the runaway alien. RiRi is also working on a concept album for the movie which is adapted from Adam Rex's 2007 children's book "The True Meaning of Smekday".
The short film premiered in front of "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" before making its way out online via BuzzFeed.
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum