DreamWorks' Animation 'Home' Releases Short Film Online
As a precursor for upcoming animation "Home (2014)", DreamWorks unleashes a short film dubbed "Almost Home". It introduces Captain Smek, an overly optimistic, yet inept alien leader voiced by Steve Martin. It follows him as he leads his clan, hopping from one planet to another in an effort to find a place to hide from their enemies.
In the longer feature film, the alien race eventually lands on Earth and settles there. When one lowly alien accidentally notifies the enemies of his whereabouts, he is forced to go on the run with a teenage girl, embarking on a comical road trip across a post-apocalyptic America and learning what it really means to be human.
Rihanna voices the human girl, Jennifer Lopez voices her mother, and Jim Parsons voices the runaway alien. RiRi is also working on a concept album for the movie which is adapted from Adam Rex's 2007 children's book "The True Meaning of Smekday".
The short film premiered in front of "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" before making its way out online via BuzzFeed.
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch