DreamWorks' Animation 'Home' Releases Short Film Online
As a precursor for upcoming animation "Home (2014)", DreamWorks unleashes a short film dubbed "Almost Home". It introduces Captain Smek, an overly optimistic, yet inept alien leader voiced by Steve Martin. It follows him as he leads his clan, hopping from one planet to another in an effort to find a place to hide from their enemies.
In the longer feature film, the alien race eventually lands on Earth and settles there. When one lowly alien accidentally notifies the enemies of his whereabouts, he is forced to go on the run with a teenage girl, embarking on a comical road trip across a post-apocalyptic America and learning what it really means to be human.
Rihanna voices the human girl, Jennifer Lopez voices her mother, and Jim Parsons voices the runaway alien. RiRi is also working on a concept album for the movie which is adapted from Adam Rex's 2007 children's book "The True Meaning of Smekday".
The short film premiered in front of "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" before making its way out online via BuzzFeed.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio