Carrie Fisher to Film 'Star Wars Episode 7' in London for Six Months
Carrie Fisher is maybe the only "Star Wars Episode 7" star who openly talks about her involvement in the hotly-anticipated film. After repeatedly discussing her return to the franchise despite lack of confirmation from Disney and J.J. Abrams, she now let it slip that she's going overseas later this year to film the movie.
The news came from Jim Jefferies, the star of FXX's show "Legit" on which Fisher will appear in an upcoming episode. "She said to me, she goes 'I'm going off to London for six months to film the new Star Wars movie,' " he said on Sirius XM's "Opie and Anthony Show".
"And I don't think from looking at it, the new Star Wars movie is a direct continuation. It's number 7 but it's not going to be the next day, I'll tell you that much. Maybe she had the same problem the Emperor had, I don't know," the comedian jokingly added.
When the hosts suggested that maybe Fisher would have a cameo role, Jefferies stressed, "She's there for six months!"
Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Fisher are expected to reprise their roles as the classic "Star Wars" trio, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia, while Adam Driver is hotly tipped to play the villain. Meanwhile, Jesse Plemons, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Gary Oldman are among the rumored cast members.
The movie will hit U.S. theaters on December 18, 2015. Two sequels are expected to follow every other year, with spin-offs that focus on the origin story slated to fill the gaps.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3