Oprah Winfrey Gives Dress to Twitter Follower
A fan of Oprah Winfrey has received a dress from the TV mogul after she asked Winfrey via Twitter if she could have the dress. Winfrey appears on the cover of Essence's Hollywood issue, wearing an ivory dress. Forest Whitaker, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Michael B. Jordan also join her on the front page.
Seeing the elegant dress, a fan who goes by @snobaby28 on Twitter wrote to Winfrey on Valentine's Day. "You look beautiful in that essence cover pic. WOW. CAN I please have that dress? Cuz I know u won't wear again lol luv u," she tweeted. Winfrey then replied, "You're right I won't wear ever again contact my asst. and show her this tweet." The fan gratefully wrote back, "THANK YOU!!! You are truly a blessing. Sitting alone in sadness and you have brightened my day. Bless U."
About a week later, the fan wrote again, saying that she had received the dress and she planned to wear it for her wedding someday. "THANK YOU! Recv beautiful dress. Plan to wear at my wedding when I find a groom lol but will twt pic wearing it soon. Luv u to life!" she said in an excited-sounding tweet.
Winfrey recently worked on a docu-series which chronicles Lindsay Lohan's days after being released from rehab. In a recently-released trailer, Winfrey can be seen seemingly feeling frustrated, telling the "Mean Girls" star, "I really do want you to win. I really do. If that isn't what you want, I'm OK with that. You know, I will tell [the crew] to pack up and leave today. ... You need to cut the [expletive]. You really do." The show airs on OWN on Sunday at 10 P.M.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'