Mary-Louise Parker Is Cast on NBC's Comedy Pilot, Patricia Arquette Joins 'CSI' Spin-Off
Two TV actresses have just landed a new role each. Mary-Louise Parker has closed a deal to topline NBC's comedy pilot "Feed Me", while Patricia Arquette is cast in a lead role for a new "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" spin-off.
"Feed Me" is described as a comedic exploration of adult intimacy and desire that centers on a dysfunctional family bound by love and the restaurant they run together. And when daughter Emma's husband has an affair, they circle the wagons to fiercely protect one of their own.
Parker will tackle the lead role of Ellen, a slightly OCD wife, mother of two and accountant who is stuck in her ways and whose approach to life is a challenge for those around her - including her husband, parents and brothers, most of whom are in the restaurant business.
Should NBC move forward with it, the single-camera comedy will be Parker's first TV role since her Showtime dark comedy-drama "Weeds" ended its run in September 2012. The Golden Globe-winning actress will serve as producer, while Sally Robinson pens the script and teams up with Paul Witt and Tony Thomas to executive produce it.
As for Arquette, she is set to star in the third "CSI" spin-off, which is inspired by producer Mary Aiken's work as a cyber-psychologist. She will portray Avery Ryan, special agent in charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked to solve high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live on-line, and play out into the real world.
Arquette earned an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her role on "Medium", which wrapped up in 2011. She later guest starred on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and most recently appeared in several episodes of "Boardwalk Empire" as Sally Wheet.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent