'How I Met Your Mother' Fans React to Death Speculation
The latest episode of "How I Met Your Mother" has added fuel to persistent rumor that the titular mother may actually be dead. In "Vesuvius" which aired March 3, future Ted looked sad when future Mother responded, "Of course she showed up... What mother is going to miss her daughter's wedding?" to his story which involved Robin's mother showing up to her wedding.
Ted's reaction hints that the Mother may not be able to attend her own daughter's wedding because she's been diagnosed with a serious illness or something. Some fans who are convinced that the Mother is dead by the time Ted tells their story to their children in 2030 have since reacted to the speculation.
"Okay pretty sure #himym just revealed the saddest thing ever," so a Twitter user named George G Smith Jr wrote. Jarett Wieselman claimed he had predicted it but still could not come to terms with the sad ending, tweeting, "I knew it -- still, can't believe #HIMYM is going there....."
Laura was definitely against the possibility that the show kills the titular mother, tweeting, "himym you are not in my good books with that ending right now. No you are not. No no no. no. NO. #himym." George G Smith Jr, however, thinks it would be a proper ending, arguing, "@tqpannie @HIMYM_CBS I won't be happy, but it would be beautiful, but tragic, writing for all these seasons. It would all make sense."
"HIMYM" creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays have not commented on the death speculation, but they once said that they had known the show's ending all along. Only three episodes are left before the show airs its one-hour finale on March 31.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed