Hugh Jackman Says Wolverine Recasting Is 'Inevitable'
Hugh Jackman believes his days as Wolverine are numbered. Talking to IGN as part of promo tour for "X-Men: Days of Future Past" where he reprises his role as the clawed mutant, the actor says the producers even considered to replace him in "X-Men: First Class".
"I'm sure they had the discussion," the "Prisoners" star shares his thoughts. "They didn't mention it to me, obviously!" The 45-year-old actor continues, "Look, that's inevitable, man. Anyone who thinks they're indispensable in this business is fooling themselves."
"But I feel unbelievably blessed to have this part. I never thought in a million years I'd get to play him seven times," he adds. "Every day I walk on the set with the claws and the hair, I thank my lucky stars. I don't take any of it for granted. To think that in a second version we'd have this cast and this director, and you guys don't know the script, but I would say probably the best script of all of them, is pretty amazing."
He goes on, "I think that's why I'm still here. I'm sure by the way, that it won't always be my decision to always be here. At some point, someone will close the door on me."
"Days of Future Past" will be released on May 23. It will see the mutants joining forces with their younger selves in a desperate attempt to change the past in order to save their future.
Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Ellen Page, and Nicholas Hoult are among the returning cast members, while the likes of Peter Dinklage, Evan Peters, and Booboo Stewart are among the new faces.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3