Batman Prequel 'Gotham' Finds Its Young Bruce Wayne and Catwoman
FOX's "Gotham" has found its Batman and Catwoman. The Batman prequel series cast "Touch" alum David Mazouz in a series regular role as the young Bruce Wayne who will eventually become the Caped Crusader a.k.a. Batman. The 12-year-old actor was reportedly WBTV's early choice for the role.
Young Bruce is described as serious and soulful. The preteen character is sentenced to a solitary life after the tragic murder of his wealthy parents, and has since relied on the guidance and protection of Alfred Pennyworth (Sean Pertwee) and James Gordon (Benjamin McKenzie).
Newcomer Camren Bicondova, meanwhile, lands the role of Selina Kyle and future Catwoman. Selina is a teenage orphan who is suspicious and wholly unpredictable. She's a street thief and skilled pickpocket who is dangerous when cornered.
"Gotham" will explore the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains who made Gotham City famous. The show has previously tapped Jada Pinkett Smith to star as an original character named Fish Mooney, who is the boss of a young psycho named Oswald Cobblepot, who eventually becomes The Penguin.
Robin Lord Taylor is cast in the role of Oswald Cobblepot a.k.a. The Penguin, Zabryna Guevara will play Gordon's boss Captain Essen, and Erin Richards will star as Gordon's fiancee Barbara Kean.
"The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller is writing the pilot for the show, which has received straight-to-series order. Danny Cannon ("CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", "Nikita") is set to direct and executive produce the pilot.
More Gotham News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab