Lady GaGa Not Allowed to Perform in Giant Doritos Vending Machine at SXSW
Lady GaGa wants to perform in a giant Doritos vending machine at the upcoming SXSW, but it's not going to happen. The city of Austin, Texas, has denied the Mother Monster the necessary permits to play a gig at the Doritos Stage due to "public safety concerns."
The gigantic Doritos vending machine is an outdoor venue constructed in the parking lot of Carmelo's Italian Restaurant. Previous SXSW acts like LL Cool J, Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg have performed at the stage.
Authorities, however, don't think that the location will be able to accommodate GaGa's fans. "Our conclusion was based primarily on public safety concerns," Don Pitts, manager of the Austin Music & Entertainment division, told Austin 360.
"We look at the size and capacity of the location covered by the permit being sought and how it fits with the anticipated attendance, based on event capacity and promotion. At the end of the day, it's a parking lot," he explained.
He added that GaGa could still perform at this year's SXSW if she could find "an established venue with the necessary permanent infrastructure."
More Lady GaGa News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'