Lady GaGa Not Allowed to Perform in Giant Doritos Vending Machine at SXSW
Lady GaGa wants to perform in a giant Doritos vending machine at the upcoming SXSW, but it's not going to happen. The city of Austin, Texas, has denied the Mother Monster the necessary permits to play a gig at the Doritos Stage due to "public safety concerns."
The gigantic Doritos vending machine is an outdoor venue constructed in the parking lot of Carmelo's Italian Restaurant. Previous SXSW acts like LL Cool J, Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg have performed at the stage.
Authorities, however, don't think that the location will be able to accommodate GaGa's fans. "Our conclusion was based primarily on public safety concerns," Don Pitts, manager of the Austin Music & Entertainment division, told Austin 360.
"We look at the size and capacity of the location covered by the permit being sought and how it fits with the anticipated attendance, based on event capacity and promotion. At the end of the day, it's a parking lot," he explained.
He added that GaGa could still perform at this year's SXSW if she could find "an established venue with the necessary permanent infrastructure."
More Lady GaGa News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer