Lady GaGa Not Allowed to Perform in Giant Doritos Vending Machine at SXSW
Lady GaGa wants to perform in a giant Doritos vending machine at the upcoming SXSW, but it's not going to happen. The city of Austin, Texas, has denied the Mother Monster the necessary permits to play a gig at the Doritos Stage due to "public safety concerns."
The gigantic Doritos vending machine is an outdoor venue constructed in the parking lot of Carmelo's Italian Restaurant. Previous SXSW acts like LL Cool J, Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg have performed at the stage.
Authorities, however, don't think that the location will be able to accommodate GaGa's fans. "Our conclusion was based primarily on public safety concerns," Don Pitts, manager of the Austin Music & Entertainment division, told Austin 360.
"We look at the size and capacity of the location covered by the permit being sought and how it fits with the anticipated attendance, based on event capacity and promotion. At the end of the day, it's a parking lot," he explained.
He added that GaGa could still perform at this year's SXSW if she could find "an established venue with the necessary permanent infrastructure."
More Lady GaGa News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood