Video: 'The Voice' Coaches Perform Medley of Their Hits
"The Voice" kicked off its sixth season on Monday night, February 24. As usual, the singing competition's coaches opened the show performing together. This time, Adam Levine, Shakira, Blake Shelton and Usher excited viewers with a medley of each other's hits.
Shelton did an amazing job covering Shakira's English-language breakout hit "Whenever, Wherever" with the songstress joining him to sing the chorus. The Latin singer then performed the country crooner's chart-topping collaboration with Pistol Annies & Friends, "Boys Round Here".
Usher later tackled "Love Somebody", Levine's song with his band Maroon 5. Behati Prinsloo's fiance then returned the favor, singing Usher's "Without You."
The new season of "The Voice" finds Levine and Shelton reuniting with Shakira and Usher, who replaced last season's coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo Green. The member of Gnarls Barkley, who served as a mentor for four seasons, recently announced his departure from the NBC show when making a guest appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show".
"I'm going to continue my relationship with NBC. I have a television show development deal with them and hopefully some other talk show opportunities for later in the year," Cee-Lo said. "But yeah, I'm going to miss 'The Voice', too. I'm not coming back, guys."
"I'm not coming back at all," he added. "I just don't want to wear out my welcome there, you know what I'm saying? I have so many other things that I want to do. I haven't released an album in four years. I'm almost done with my album."
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub