Joss Whedon Rumored to Direct 'Avengers 3'
Drew Pearce may have revealed "The Avengers 3" director. The "Iron Man 3" co-writer, who went on to direct and pen Marvel's one-shot "All Hail the King", seemingly let it slip that Joss Whedon would return to direct the third installment.
When asked in an interview with Movies.com if his short film would get a big-screen follow-up, Drew said, "Honestly, it's a question above my pay grade. One of the things when you're a writer or director in the Marvel universe is you come in, you leave some tasty morsels dangling at the end, and maybe you're the one who comes in and picks them up again next time, or maybe it's someone else, or maybe they just hang there awhile and that's fine too."
He continued, "Despite any cliffhanger-ness to the short, I also don't feel like it's unsatisfying. That's all you can really hope to do. Unless you're Joss [Whedon] and you're making Avengers 2 and 3, and then you have a pretty good idea if you're making the next one or not."
After the success of 2012's "The Avengers", Whedon returns to his post behind the lens for the sequel "Avengers: Age of Ultron". The second movie is currently in production and is scheduled to make its way out across the country starting May 1, 2015.
Last year, producer Kevin Feige said Whedon's role in the third film was "still being determined." He explained back then, "All of his efforts right now are in what he's doing for us primarily, obviously, writing and prepping 'Age of Ultron' but also in reading the drafts of the films in Phase 2, watching early cuts to inform him where the characters are going to end up in the beginning of 'Age of Ultron' and also to get his input and his wisdom into all of these. But right now it's all about leading up to 'Age of Ultron'."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group