Kanye West Wants to Collaborate With James Blake for New Album
Kanye West wants to collaborate with James Blake, whom he once called his "favorite artist," for the follow-up of his 2013 album "Yeezus". In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the U.K. singer revealed that the rapper had approached him and expressed his desire to make music together.
"I have been in contact with him," Blake told the music site of his relationship with West. The London-based singer/producer, however, wanted to collaborate with West if they could sit and work together in the same studio.
"You know, the way that I like to work is bare bones and personal. I think because Kanye's such an accomplished producer, if I was to work with him, then I think we could do something together, and just together, you know?" he explained.
Kanye previously talked about what he wanted his next album to be, saying, "Bruce Springsteen dropped this album called 'Nebraska' and right after that he did 'Born in the U.S.A.' This next one, I have a feeling, because of what we did right now, has to be 'Born in the U.S.A.' "
Blake commented on West's statement, "If he wants it to sound like 'Born in the U.S.A.' then I'm not sure if I'm the one to ask."
He added, "Honestly, I spend so much f**king time talking about Kanye West and [Chance the Rapper] and Drake. People ask me so much about it, but really up until this point, I haven't had any time to act on any impulse, so all I can say is we'll see and watch this space but there's things coming. I'm really excited."
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama