Kanye West Wants to Collaborate With James Blake for New Album
Kanye West wants to collaborate with James Blake, whom he once called his "favorite artist," for the follow-up of his 2013 album "Yeezus". In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the U.K. singer revealed that the rapper had approached him and expressed his desire to make music together.
"I have been in contact with him," Blake told the music site of his relationship with West. The London-based singer/producer, however, wanted to collaborate with West if they could sit and work together in the same studio.
"You know, the way that I like to work is bare bones and personal. I think because Kanye's such an accomplished producer, if I was to work with him, then I think we could do something together, and just together, you know?" he explained.
Kanye previously talked about what he wanted his next album to be, saying, "Bruce Springsteen dropped this album called 'Nebraska' and right after that he did 'Born in the U.S.A.' This next one, I have a feeling, because of what we did right now, has to be 'Born in the U.S.A.' "
Blake commented on West's statement, "If he wants it to sound like 'Born in the U.S.A.' then I'm not sure if I'm the one to ask."
He added, "Honestly, I spend so much f**king time talking about Kanye West and [Chance the Rapper] and Drake. People ask me so much about it, but really up until this point, I haven't had any time to act on any impulse, so all I can say is we'll see and watch this space but there's things coming. I'm really excited."
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo