WWE Reportedly Upset That TMZ Leaked Hulk Hogan's Return
WWE apparently had a different strategy to announce Hulk Hogan's return to the wrestling arena. NoDQ.com reports that the World Wrestling Entertainment is unhappy that TMZ broke the news earlier than they had planned.
WWE allegedly wanted to reveal Hogan's comeback just hours before he makes his first re-apperance on "Monday Night Raw". But they felt the need to make the official announcement on its website on Friday, February 21 after the story had leaked.
Hogan is set to return to WWE on USA Network's "Raw" Monday, February 24 at 8 P.M. and appear on "WWE Raw Backstage Pass". He will also host the company's various programs, including "WrestleMania 30" on Sunday, April 6, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
"We are thrilled that Hulk Hogan has returned home to WWE," WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon said. "It's fitting to have him help us celebrate 30 years of WrestleMania and usher in a new era with the launch of WWE Network."
Hogan added, "Words cannot express how excited I am to be back in the WWE family. I only have one question for the WWE Universe: Whatcha you gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild as the host of WrestleMania 30?"
The 60-year-old semi-retired professional wrestler became the WWE Champion in 1984 when he defeated The Iron Sheik at Madison Square Garden. He last appeared at WWE event in 2007 when he participated in the 15th anniversary of "Raw".
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign