WWE Reportedly Upset That TMZ Leaked Hulk Hogan's Return
WWE apparently had a different strategy to announce Hulk Hogan's return to the wrestling arena. NoDQ.com reports that the World Wrestling Entertainment is unhappy that TMZ broke the news earlier than they had planned.
WWE allegedly wanted to reveal Hogan's comeback just hours before he makes his first re-apperance on "Monday Night Raw". But they felt the need to make the official announcement on its website on Friday, February 21 after the story had leaked.
Hogan is set to return to WWE on USA Network's "Raw" Monday, February 24 at 8 P.M. and appear on "WWE Raw Backstage Pass". He will also host the company's various programs, including "WrestleMania 30" on Sunday, April 6, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
"We are thrilled that Hulk Hogan has returned home to WWE," WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon said. "It's fitting to have him help us celebrate 30 years of WrestleMania and usher in a new era with the launch of WWE Network."
Hogan added, "Words cannot express how excited I am to be back in the WWE family. I only have one question for the WWE Universe: Whatcha you gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild as the host of WrestleMania 30?"
The 60-year-old semi-retired professional wrestler became the WWE Champion in 1984 when he defeated The Iron Sheik at Madison Square Garden. He last appeared at WWE event in 2007 when he participated in the 15th anniversary of "Raw".
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?